SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Brought home a new V90 today / wheel fitting question

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  chiggahasavolvo 
#1 ·
The last of the great rear-drive Volvo wagons! Bought it on e-bay, believe it or not. 1998 with 57,931 miles. Black with tan leather, exactly like my 245Ti. It has the factory CD player and 3rd seat. It will be my wife's new daily driver as soon as I get it inspected, registered and fluids changed.

This thing came with steelies and plastic Volvo hubcaps. I'd like to mount snow tires on the steelies and get some nice wheels for my summer tires. Any ideas on what fits? Is the 960 wheel pattern and back-spacing the same as any other Volvos or other cars? Thanks.

#2 ·
Re: Brought home a new V90 today / wheel fitting question (PWSchuh)

Paul, the S/V90s have 43mm offset wheels, just like the FWD cars. Therefore, anything off 850s and S/V70s will fit. Todd may still have his Columba's for sale, those are 16X6.5". Don't know what size you were looking for...my set of Tritons (18X7.5") would look really sweet

Rob

#6 ·
Re: wheel fitting question (Volvorules)

Rob, guys,

I was thinking about putting a 15" rim back on in order to stick with the same size tire (195/65-15) This is the wife's car and will be used for commuting and roadtrips, etc. I want max pothole protection and am not so worried about great handling. I was going to see if my 240 Turbo alloys would fit but the calipers rub. I would happily trade them, since I can't use them on the 240 anymore, for nice 15" or 16" alloys that will fit. (they are in excellent shape but are powder-coated yellow though)

#7 ·
Re: wheel fitting question (PWSchuh)

Quote, originally posted by PWSchuh »
I was going to see if my 240 Turbo alloys would fit but the calipers rub. I would happily trade them, since I can't use them on the 240 anymore...

Why not?

Too bad you don't want 17"s...I've got a nice set of Volans for sale.

#8 ·
Re: wheel fitting question (towerymt)

Quote, originally posted by towerymt »

Why not?

Michael, after installing the coil-overs and Robs bump steer correction kit, I don't think anythig much smaller than a 17" will fit on the 240. The bump steer kit drops the steering link down pretty close to the 17" rim.

#9 ·
Re: wheel fitting question (PWSchuh)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the bump steer spacers. I was trying to think what else would make the 15" wheels useless, and all I could come up with was bigger brakes which I didn't think you had done.

I'm hoping to do a similar bump steer kit using spacers that will put the rod end right at the edge of a 15" wheel. I wish I could get them level, but I can't afford to run 17" wheels.

#13 ·
Re: Brought home a new V90 today / wheel fitting question (Drew@Swedespeed)

But it's a pig: heavy and under-powered!! I don't get it; why didn't volvo put more Hp & torque in this otherwise excellent car?? I considered it when I was looking, but room and power wise the 850 was too good to pass-up!

#14 ·
Hope you're having fun with your new car. As I go through all the useful information everyone has given you on this page, i noticed one thing missing, and that is, the bolt pattern you're looking for for your volvo is a 5x108. Since you're an ebay user, you might wanna consider using it once more to save money on a good set of rims. To my understanding, i'm pretty sure that anything with that bolt pattern along with a wheel off-set of 38-42 should work. Discount tire direct have useful information on wheel sizes. http://www.tires.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.