SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

17” Amalthea Wheels from my 2003 V70 T5 (new, with or without tires)

7K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  chris@swedespeed 
#1 ·
I have a set of 4 17" Amalthea Wheels from my 2003 V70 T5.
(I replaced the factory wheels with some 17" R wheels).
The wheels and tires have less than 500 miles on them and are in perfect shape.

$500 for the set of 4 without the tires
(they list for almost 3 times that price!)

Or

$800 for the set with the tires
(the new tires alone are worth about $600, making the net cost of the rims only $50/each!)

Buyer pays shipping, unless you are in the DC metro area, and then a pickup/drop-off can be arranged.

Contact me if you would like pictures of the wheels.

#3 ·
Re: 17?Amalthea Wheels from my 2003 V70 T5 (veilsidez)

Here is a link to an image of the wheels on the car: (the wheels for sale are in the top picture)

http://www.jaketheblacklab.com/volvo.jpg

I just took them off last night, so I don't have any pictures of each individual wheel yet.

As for whether or not you need special tools and/or modifications to use them on your car, I don't know for sure. Is your car AWD? That might make a difference, but to be honest I don't really know.

#5 ·

I probably could ship them to HK, but I think it would be prohibitively expensive to do so.

I checked both USPS and UPS and it would about $200 per wheel plus packaging. In the end, it might over $1000 to send the set, plus the cost of the wheels.

There was also a cheaper option through the USPS which would cost closer to $400, for the set, but it might take over a month to arrive.

Also, were you looking both the wheels and the tires or just the wheels?

#6 ·
Re: 17?Amalthea Wheels from my 2003 V70 T5 (JakeT5)

Thank you for your checking the price for me. I think that a month is ok, also what is the tire size (Brand/Size) and any damage of the wheel???

In addition, would you decide to lower your car??? I've order a set of SACHS Perofrmance suspension set for my car. The price is not expansive. You may ask your local Sach's dealer for the price. I bought it around HK$4,800.00 (Approx. US$700.00)

2002 S60 2.0T / Philips Xenon 6000K

#7 ·

The tires are Pirelli P6, 235/45R17.

The wheels are almost brand new (less than 500 miles), although I did notice a few very small scratches when I removed them last night.

I will take pictures of each wheel and post them tomorrow so you can see exactly what each one looks like.

I will also weight the wheels and make sure about the shipping price.

#9 ·

Unfortunately, I weighed the wheels and they weigh more than I estimated.
They are 21 kg, and with proper packing materials it would probably be almost 25 kg. The limit for global parcel post, the only somewhat affordable shipping method, is 20 kg. It looks like shipping wheels to HK from the US is cost prohibitive… you'd end up paying twice as much to ship them as to buy the wheels themselves.

I have someone coming this afternoon to look at the wheels. If they are still available after I show them this afternoon and you can think of alternative method to ship them, let me know. I will let you know if they are still available sometime tonight, probably around 6-7 pm EST.

#11 ·

I think the person who looked the wheels today is going to buy them, he's suppose to stop back here tomorrow to pick them up. If for some reason he doesn't show, I'll let you know.

Of the three wheels, I like the Hydra (3rd picture), then the Vela-1 (1st picture). Not as crazy about the Canyon (2nd picture).

By the way, based on the wheels you showed me, I just wanted to make sure you knew which wheels I am selling. I am selling the 14 spoke (double 7's) wheels (the wheels in the top picture I posted), NOT the 5 spoke ones (in the bottom picture).

#12 ·

I know which one you are selling, please RESERVED for me if the wheel still available.

Modified by veilsidez at 11:21 PM 7-28-2003

Hi JakeT5, how is the wheel selling status???
If your wheel is sold, i might order the OZ Hydra's wheel, but i have to wait 2 month for ordering.

Modified by veilsidez at 11:53 AM 7-29-2003

#16 ·

FWIW, I recently shipped a set of 17" Volvo rims to CA, cost was under $75 for 4 wheels using Fed-Ex ground. I shipped in two boxes, and they were around 52lbs each.

#17 ·
Re: 17?Amalthea Wheels from my 2003 V70 T5 (Chris@Swedespeed)

Quote, originally posted by Chris@Swedespeed »
FWIW, I recently shipped a set of 17" Volvo rims to CA, cost was under $75 for 4 wheels using Fed-Ex ground. I shipped in two boxes, and they were around 52lbs each.

Yeah, the problem was I was quoting him to send wheel/tire combos (until I found out he only wanted the rims) to Hong Kong. So each box would have weighed about 45-47 lbs... which is over the 44 lb (20 kg) limit to ship using Parcel Post (the only somewhat reasonable way to ship them).

Anyway, bottom line is it's a lot cheaper to ship within the US then outside of it

#18 ·

JakeT5> Yeah, I know that the shipping cost is expansive if you shipping to Hong Kong. Anyway, how is your R wheel?? What is the tire size for the R wheel???
I'm using the Michelin Pilot Sport tire (225/40ZR18), i think the price buy it at Hong Kong is cheaper than USA. The tire cost only USD$121.00 for each and the wheel cost USD$237.00 at 18" x 7.5 BBS RK Series.

#19 ·

They're nice. I actually haven't had my car in over a week because there was a small ding in the roof that is being fixed (my the dealer, it was there before I bought the car).

The tires are the stock V70R tires, Pirelli P-Zero Rosso 235/45-17.

#22 ·
Re: 17" Amalthea Wheels from my 2003 V70 T5 (JakeT5)

jake - are these still available?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.