SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1997 960 Royal....

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  allstars 
#1 ·
Are they any good? Know the specificatio n s on those things? Do they drive good?

#2 ·
Re: 1997 960 Royal.... (Raging Inferno)

I don't really know much about them, since we never got them in North America. As far as I know they are pretty much like standard 960/S90, except they were fully loaded with nicer interior leather and added wood.

-Drew

#3 ·
Re: 1997 960 Royal.... (Raging Inferno)

The 1997 960 is a pretty late model so that's good since there is a big difference in suspention after the 1995 models.

The 960 isn't exactly a winter type of car either, it performs sort of bad in winter conditions, however at least I think it's a comfortable car to ride in (rode in it on a Taxi trip). I havn't actually driven a 960, allthough alot of 940 Turbos and they are perhaps one of the most durable cars there is.

#5 ·
Re: 1997 960 Royal.... (Alex960)

It has different softer leather, with different wheels e.t.c. it is slightly longer with more rear legroom i think it also has things like a fridge in the back e.t.c.

lovely cars the 960 we had one in our family for years it was kool!

#6 ·
Winter driving

I dont quite agree.. I think the 940SE/960 are great in the snow. I have never been stuck with the locking differential system and multilink IRS. I think they changed the setup in '95 so perhaps it was not as forgiving in the snow. I have often been stunned at how well my car cruises through the snow while many others are off to the side of the road.

#7 ·
Re: Winter driving (vinmanC32)

I have a 96 960CD automatic estate and they are dreadfull in the snow.
Flat roads are ok but going up hill's are really bad.

Other than that this are great cars. The last true Volvo's! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Regards
Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.