SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

lets see some 9's

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  S.R. 
#1 ·
id like to see pics of 940/60's.
i just got a 940, and im thinking of what to do. im coming from a MKII VW background, but a recent loss (or loss of it) has mated me with the volvo i now own.
do you guys stiffen these things up an put spotlamps on and go out at 4:00am driving through windy backroads? they seem kinda BIG to toss around...

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: lets see some 9's (volvo)

Here's what mine looked like this past weekend

From what I understand these things can be made to handle very well, but like you, I cant imagine it. I have another car for tossing around through windy backroads. This car is for cruising around, although if I have to push it, it will perform, it's just not fun.

#5 ·
Re: lets see some 9's (anarchyx34)

yeah, im happy with it so far. it has been very good.
it could be a little better in the snow, and it could be a little quicker, but its reliable, and thats why i got it

nice cars. what kind of wheels are those on anarchyx34' wagon?

#11 ·

No, not the B6304 inline six of the 900 series. That's a pure Volvo product and it's real good stuff.
But as you say, there was a V6 which was the result of a collaboration between Volvo, Renault and Peugeot. It was really bad, guzzled loads of gas and extremely unreliable. But Volvo quickly noticed it sucked and pulled out of the deal rather quickly. That was before the 900 series if I'm not mistaken and I don't even know what Volvos had this motor, but there are certainly very few.

#12 ·
Re: lets see some 9's (Alex960)

oh, ok...
i went to the mechanic to hang out one day and i told him i got a 940. his eyes opened up to the size of distributor caps and said "what engine is in it?" and i said "an 8valve 4 cyl...i thinkits 2300cc" he goes: "wheeew! i heard of a deal that volvo made with renault in making a 6 cyl engine that really sucked and was a pain to work on."

this mechanic is really an audi/bmw/porsche guy, so i used to take my GLi there before i had an accident.

that just made me wary

#13 ·

Modified by Turbo16psi at 10:30 PM 1-5-2004

Modified by Turbo16psi at 11:04 PM 2-13-2004

Modified by Turbo16psi at 11:05 PM 2-13-2004

Modified by Turbo16psi at 11:06 PM 2-13-2004

#17 ·
Re: lets see some 9's (Alex960)

Quote, originally posted by Alex960 »
Nice color! Is that champagne?

Those light you added in the middle are cool http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Yup, it is Champagne Metallic.

The lights are pretty nice at night, they have a "driving beam" pattern which aids the regular low beams.

The cool thing about them is that they are remote controlled on my keychain. I didn't have to go through the firewall or anything to install them. They can be turned on from like 50 feet away if I am walking to my car at night.

-Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.