SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Weird dash/electrical problems

717 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ovlovtech 
#1 ·
I made a 150 mile trip to a friends condo last night and when i started her up this morning and put on my lights i lost all my gauges, the it was showing that my high beams were on, and both my turn signals were on. When I flicked to high beams the indicator went out and my high beams came on. It was pretty cold this morning say 10 degrees but i have started her up in much colder conditions before with out a problem.

When i turned the lights back off gauges came back but i can still slightly see the turn signals faintly. I then just left my lights off and headed for home, about 45 min into the trip i tried the lights again and everything seemed normal.

I started it up again later and same thing, my trip wasn't long so i didn't really have a chance to let it warm up.

I haven't looked at fuses yet, but seeing that the problem cured it self after it warmed up i am guessing something else. Also i noticed that the light for the shifter is out, that happened this past weekend, but i didn't notice the problem till this morning.

This same thing happened in our 80 Rabbit convt. i just gave the dash a good whack and it cured it self, i tried that to no avail in my Volvo

So what do you guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Weird dash/electrical problems (BEERRUNNING740GLE)

If you havent found out what is causing your problem, I would suggest removing the instrument panel and tightening all of the screws on the back of it. The problem you see is from a bad ground from the screws on the back of the I/P coming loose. I had this happen to my car and did this and it fixed the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.