SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

940 Noise

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Azmat 
#1 ·
I have a '94, 940 with 90,000 miles. I have a loud buzzing noise coming from the dash area when I reach 55-60 mph and continues until I drop below that speed, it is not the speedometer or air intakes, does anyone have an idea as to what it is?

#2 ·
I registered just respond; I have the same problem at the EXACT same speed, the air intake vent frame was replaced under warranty, but still no relief. I thought it was only me. PLEASE if any one has a solution - I NEED it. I went ahead and bought an 850 (it does not have this problem!). Thanks!
quote:

Originally posted by datatero:
I have a '94, 940 with 90,000 miles. I have a loud buzzing noise coming from the dash area when I reach 55-60 mph and continues until I drop below that speed, it is not the speedometer or air intakes, does anyone have an idea as to what it is?

#3 ·
Hello,

You might want to let a Volvo tech drive the car at that speed and hear the noise for themselves, I am pretty sure that they should be able to determine where the noise is coming from. It sounds like there is something lose that is vibrating when the wind reaches 55-60mph hitting the front of your car.

-Drew

#4 ·
Greetings!
That was a good suggestion-did try that, the local Volvo folks re-placed the air-vent plastic strip (to improve the fit)-but the noise returned. You may be right, there could be some small debris in the vent that rattles/resonates @ that speed range. Thanks.
(
quote:

Originally posted by InDy:
Hello,

You might want to let a Volvo tech drive the car at that speed and hear the noise for themselves, I am pretty sure that they should be able to determine where the noise is coming from. It sounds like there is something lose that is vibrating when the wind reaches 55-60mph hitting the front of your car.

-Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.