SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

s90 or 960

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  S.R. 
#1 ·
Three weeks ago I purchased a 1997 Volvo S90 from a private party. It took the seller until now to get me the title and lien release. Upon looking at it I discovered the title listed a Volvo 960 not the S90 as advertised by the owner and displayed on the auto's trunk. Furthermore, the title showed the mo/yr first registered as 04/1997. Can anyone shed light on this mystery? I see the 1997, 960s and S90s have different apparised values; the S90 being slightly more.

My wife and I both are very pleased after three weeks with our new "used" Volvo. However, this title issue is somewhat disturbing and in need of an explanation. The previous owner said simply that the 960 and S90 are the same vehicle and there is no problem.

#2 ·
The only thing that I would worry about is the price difference you might have gotten if the car was not really a S90, but a 960 instead. The Volvo 960 and S90 are practically the exact same car, although in late 97-98 they did change the console area and seat design a little bit. You might want to confront the party who sold you the vehicle to refund the price difference because of the title and name mishap based on apparised values.

-Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.