SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Hey there 700 owners....

7K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  745TRBOBRK 
#1 ·
Hi. I just picked up a lovely 1987 760 Turbo Wagon that seems to have been looked after and is in good shape.

Questions. The HVAC fan squeeks intermittently. How easy is that to replace.

The drivers seat leather is ripped. What are my choices there?

Other than that, I look forward to talking to you folk as well as the guys on the S60 forum.

Cheers

#4 ·
I forget the name off hand, but will chase it down. I dealt with a younger guy who drives a red Integra by the name of Shorty. Yes, Shorty. He's pretty talented. He recovered a VW Golf seat of mine to match a friend's Sparco Seats for his GTI and did so affordably. It looked great in the end. They're on the left (I think the second upholstery shop on the left) as you go back into that park.

#7 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Vetteguy:
Hi. I just picked up a lovely 1987 760 Turbo Wagon that seems to have been looked after and is in good shape.
Cool. I had a 86 745Ti. Great Car. I miss it

quote:

Questions. The HVAC fan squeeks intermittently. How easy is that to replace.
I have heard it will take about an hour and is fairly easy, unlike the 200 series which was a pain and took forever. One day mine went up in a puff of smoke, not really, but my car smelled of burn electrical. I bought a new car before I got around to buy a new fan so I never installed one.

There were two different fans for the 700 so make sure you get the right one. Should cost around $60.

quote:

Other than that, I look forward to talking to you folk as well as the guys on the S60 forum.
Not much activity over here in the RWD forums but hopefully that will change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.