SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Is my idle too high?

6K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  VolvoVancouver 
#1 ·
It seems to idle around 1100-1200 rpms, this is on a 745t/i 1988 with auto tranny. THanks.

#3 ·
Thanks Warren, It's going in tomorrow for timing belt, water pump, and have him check the idle. Could that also explain poor fuel mileage? Or does this car just have a small fuel tank? right now I have about 270 kms on just under half a tank, I do about 50 highway, 50 city driving. What grade fuel should I use? At least 89? I will not use 87 in any of my vehicles. Thanks.

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by VolvoVancouver:
does this car just have a small fuel tank?
15.8 Gal = 60 Liters

quote:

I have about 270 kms on just under half a tank
So about 20 mpg, I got 15, but I had a really heavy foot.

quote:

What grade fuel should I use?
I used 92 but you only need it if you modify things. That is R+M/2. Do you use RON in Canada?

[This message has been edited by 745TRBOBRK (edited 04-10-2002).]

[This message has been edited by 745TRBOBRK (edited 04-10-2002).]

#10 ·
quote:

I have tried that already. Weird, on VWVortex and a few other forums it work fine.
OK, after you enter your username/password and submit a post, do you have to enter it again for the next post during the same session? For me, I have to enter it every time I come to the site, but after the first message, my info is stored and entered automatically for each post I make during the same visit to the site. If I close netscape and come back to the site, I would have to enter it again. I hope that makes sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.