SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Armrest with cupholders

20K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Roguls 
#1 ·
As a previous VW owner, cupholders are a very important item
Any ways, I found some on Volvoworld. Anyone here have the armrest with cupholders (front and rear) installed? Is it worth it? Is this a Volvo product?

1988 Volvo 745 T/I

See less See more
#2 ·
My wife's 940 came with the cupholder armrest. It's not particulary sturdy, and it's not adjustable in size either, so it's fairly primitive by today's standards. But it's sized perfectly for 12oz cans, and it'll hold those big fast-food drink cups that get small at the bottom. I'm not big on cupholders, so it suits me just fine - it's probably the best choice for a discreet OEM-look, but if you need a serious cupholder, you may want to look for a custom job.

#3 ·
You can get it (it is a volvo option) at either sweedish engineering or fcp groton for about 70 dollars. All it is is a replacement center console lid with a nice cushion and cupholders. You could also get the one from www.husco.com. What I do is buy a regular pep boys cupholder and wedge it in the lip of my glovebox. Works great and is about 2 bucks.

Roguls
New York, USA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.