SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Need advice

712 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  strajpet 
#1 ·
I know that nearly nobody ever comes to post in this section, but well...

I have a 1991 745 Turbo with 341500km. Will need a new clutch for sure and a new suspension too. Rust started to attack the body and my attempts to correct it only made it worst... The engine might need to be open, it looks like a bearing on the crankshaft is dead, the engine sounds like a diesel and shake as if it hads parkinson!

How much do you think that it would cost to give it a new youth? -new suspension and clutch, new paint, repair of the front part (small accident in a parking lot) and to make sure that all the mechanic is all right. And if I do that, how long would it last? Would it be worth it? I really do like my car and there's not a lot of new car that interest me, but I'm not planning to put money in a money pit... If I sell it, how much could I get for it? (By the way, I'm in Canada)

I'm a student and I don't have that much money. (still one year to go, will graduate next spring).

Modified by Pa231 at 6:16 AM 5-2-2004

#2 ·
well if you are luckey the engine will run for another 60000 km.. and i seariously dont think it will be worth it if you dont invest in a new engine plus you will gett a newer clutch if you change the engine...and its not a har thing to do i changed my engine when i was 16 and i did i on about 6 hours...search att blocket.se you can find an engine for your car and it will cost between 1000-3000 swedish kronor..about 100-300 us dollars + shipping

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.