SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar Website Updated

13K views 61 replies 16 participants last post by  fastn55 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The reservation process is a bit odd. At some point as you're filling out the form, the dealer selection drop-down prunes to leave just a few options. I can't recall what my four options were as I was trying to beat the rest of you fools to #1, but the dealer who actually has my deposit was one of my options.

#4 ·
I guess that bodes well for people who already put down deposits.

#6 ·
I counted 120; 20 Black Sapphire S60s, 20 Rebel Blue S60s, 30 Black Sapphire V60s and 50 Rebel Blue V60s: Total 120.

#7 ·
Alright, I see what they're doing with the numbers, then...

I assumed the missing numbers were cars which were already spoken for. If you compare both colors of the S60 or both colors of the V60, it becomes apparent that they run in a combined sequence from 1-40 and 1-80.

... so the website doesn't currently represent cars which have previously been locked down by deposits. Hmm.

#8 ·
I filled out the info and then emailed my dealer so make sure he reserves it. I don't think they were taking reservations until now....

#9 ·
the number you pick doesn't go away or get labeled when you choose it, so more than one buyer can try to pick the same number. my dealer is listed as getting a demo, but i believe the demo is the car i ordered and put some money down on.

#10 ·
Lol, I picked all the numbers just to make sure I get one. Just kidding. So can I assume since it's up on Volvo's website they are not sold out yet? I have already put a deposit down, so are my odds good that I'll get one?

#11 ·
barrier, in bellevue, has sapphire black 'demo' assigned to them. is that the colour you wanted?

#12 ·
Yes but they said that was already sold.

#13 ·
Actually I'd be fine with either color, although I prefer black. My order has already been placed, although I don't know if I' getting one yet. Barrier said they would know more early next week.

#15 ·
i just got an email from the dealership. Does anyone know how much was the deposit?

Also, do you think these will come with 5 year S+S?

#17 ·
I'm confused about something - as I recall the S60 "Polestar Concept" cranked out about 508HP, yet the actual is 350. When happened to the other 158? So the actual Polestar is more like an "R-Design Plus," not really a Volvo version of an "M" or "AMG?" Now I have to admit I haven't studied it as much as others, as I love my '13 S60 RD in Rebel Blue and satisfied with it, but just curious why the production P* doesn't crank out more ponies for the price?

#18 ·
Because the Polestar Concept S60 cost like $200,000.
Granted it would be less if they built a few hundred of them rather than just a few...

Frankly Volvo couldn't offer much more power with a warranty given the transmission they're offering.

That said, many of the reviews of the production polestar indicate it's actually very underrated... Steve Sutcliffe's review for EVO hinted the torque figure is actually more like 405 lb-ft...

#20 ·
also, in none of the photos was I able to see...but i don't see BLIS on here.... i mean, a hot estate is great, but when they say fully loaded, i expect this version to have everything?

Can anyone confirm?

#26 ·
did Park Assist Pilot make it into the V60 Polestar?

as well as remote start?

#28 ·
#36 ·
i believe what grecian is saying indirectly, without screwing other dealers - is that if we make the purchase during WoS - it is likely if we negotiate correctly that we could probably say our car "reserve" date also "reserved" us the benefits of WoS for S+S.

Now I guess my only question is things like remote start - that is all packaged in the Polestar V60?

I'm seriously thinking about trading in my XC60 and getting this instead.

#41 ·
i believe what grecian is saying indirectly, without screwing other dealers - is that if we make the purchase during WoS - it is likely if we negotiate correctly that we could probably say our car "reserve" date also "reserved" us the benefits of WoS for S+S.

Now I guess my only question is things like remote start - that is all packaged in the Polestar V60?

I'm seriously thinking about trading in my XC60 and getting this instead.
In order for ANY car to get the S+S or the merits of the Wonder of Summer Event, it will have to be delivered by no later than September 2. That is not going to be the case for Polestar orders...

Engine Remote Start is part of the Volvo On Call system that is on every MY15.5 Volvo. Through the Volvo On Call app, on your smartphone, you can remotely start your car. That service is complimentary during the first 6 months of ownership. If you do not want to continue with the Volvo On Call service, after the first 6 months, you can go to your Volvo retailer and have the current Engine Remote Start accessory installed on the car.

#39 ·
so you put $2000 down and they already have a car number for you?

Any word on expected delivery date?

#40 ·
"Mid-September" per the person who called me. It's actually been like pulling teeth to get much out of the dealership. Understand that I'm not asking them to move the earth to get details on the car; rather, I sent them $2,000 two weeks ago and still have no receipt or buyer's order. I have my S3 deposit with the Audi store under the same group, and my experience has been totally different.

I do at least have an e-mail stating that the deposit is refundable, but I don't generally roll this way. We're talking about $2,000 on a $60,000 car. It's just not as water-tight as I sort of expected it to be, if you will.

#43 ·
So, just to clarify, The Polestars WILL qualify for Wonder Of Summer, irregardless of delivery date.

#47 ·
Yannis: Other than being a Polestar exclusive, is there anything special about the 20" wheel? I don't see any specific mention of the construction, so I suspect any hope that they're a forged lightweight alloy may be out the window?

#48 ·
Grecian, thank you for clarifying everything.

Man...now i'm back on the fence... I was pretty excited - but am kind of disappointed about mid-September delivery. So it is no different if i put an order for a GLA 45AMG...and the Merc is only about 4K more (the way I had optioned it)

sigh... this is tortuous

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.