SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar Fuel

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Wayne T5 
#1 ·
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=34915&id=35115&id=35413

Regular unleaded? Are they serious with that? I swore the R-D I drove listed Premium on the fuel door, but it also shows Regular on the EPA website. I've been running Premium through my car for almost 15 years, but if the Polestar will see optimum performance on Regular, I'll gladly pocket the change. What gives?

As you can see, it's favorable to my other option in the SQ5 (I recalled the S3 deposit today). SQ5 can tow, though, for the rare but helpful occasion that I need to pull a small load.

I'm really, really torn on the options. Any small detail, such as the ability to run at optimum on Regular fuel, helps push me toward the P*.

You guys are going to crucify me when I trim the rear diffuser for a hitch receiver, though. :D

#2 ·
The towing capacity of the SQ5 is 4400 lbs. The V60 is 3500 lbs. If that makes any difference. I doubt you would see optimum performance with anything less than premium, that's not saying it wouldn't run just fine on regular. I am on a wait list for a Polestar V60, while Volvo confirms orders ahead of mine. My second option is an SQ5. I can option out a SQ5 quite nicely, get 2314.00 under MSRP and be less than the Polestar V60. I would prefer the Volvo, I've had 9. I've had 1 Audi.

#4 ·
You get a lot of benefits to running premium to offset the higher cost. More ignition advance, slightly better mpg, slightly more power. Put in whatever you want modern cars will adjust accordingly. Some cars won't benefit at all from premium, I don't think the Polestar is in that category.

#6 ·
Polestar sticker on the inside of the fuel door of my RD says to use Premium.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.