SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar V60 Has Arrived!

44K views 167 replies 36 participants last post by  Kief 
#1 ·
Roy Lichtinshtein from "#TORONTOCARSPOTTING" (fb group) has spotted 2 V60's in Rebel Blue. I really want to go down there and see them myself but it's going to thunderstorm in a few minutes...

See less See more
#4 ·
I really want to go down there and see them myself but it's going to thunderstorm in a few minutes..
You have to go down there and take lots of pics of these NA-spec V60 P*s!!! Hopefully they are still there.
I would think these are probably press/demo cars, not customer cars???

BTW, do I see tint on the windows??? I wonder if these really are NA-spec cars. A front shot would reveal our ugly orange reflectors...

#7 · (Edited)
My guess is these are press cars. I believe Canada is only getting black for the customer cars, but the press fleet will be blue. There is a copy of the Canadian press release floating around here somewhere that stated that.

I'm not sure about the tint. The car in the middle clearly doesn't have any, as you can see right through the rear windows. I don't think the car on the left has it either because you can see through the rear glass to the parking lot next to the adjacent building.

But you're correct, the only way to really know if they are NA spec is the reflectors. You can see the difference in these two pics.

NA spec (orange reflectors and sunroof):

Euro spec:

One other thing I noticed, these don't have the black trim/stripe at the bottom of the doors. I think it is called the "Polestar stripe" per the Volvo US Polestar brochure. I wonder if it is installed at the dealer prior to delivery, or if the decision was made to remove it all together. You can clearly see it on both pictures i posted.

#5 ·
No roof rack rails confirmed.

#6 ·
But as I mentioned in my post above, we aren't positive these are NA-spec

#14 ·
Interesting, no sunroof or bottom black door stripe...

#26 ·
If the US P* V60's turn out to not have roof rails, there are still provisions for securely mounting Volvo accessory crossbars, just like the sedans have...

#22 ·
One (actually two) badass wagon!

It's a very complete looking package which doesn't always happen with special edition models.

IMO the wheels are light years ahead of Pegs. Pegs where cool in their time but they are pretty tired and boring by now, and I'm a huge fan of the P2 cars.

The best part is the stance. The tires look pretty tucked for a factory car.

#33 ·
Now that I look closely at those factory pics that were released a while ago, I don't see it there either. Anyone know what the deal is?
Yeah, you're right. I just checked the factory pics which were front page news here a few weeks back, and those cars also did not have the black trim.
I don't really mind, since I'm getting black, but the trim did look good offsetting the blue. Makes you wonder what else has changed????

#39 ·
So, I got to thinking.. the Passion Red V60 RD that was appearing in car reviews in GTA came from Volvo of Unionville.. Today, I thought to myself, these 2 Polestar versions have to go somewhere (press release or not)... it could be at Volvo of Unionville. So I went. I found the sales associate that sold us our XC90 and he said the wagons were there a few days ago... and they're not press release! Bigger news. He said that the owner of the dealership has snatched a BLACK SAPPHIRE POLESTAR S60 which may or may not come next week. If it does, he will call me so I can get a sneak peek at it! YAYY!

#40 ·
So are you suggesting customer deliveries are right around the corner--at least in Canada?

#42 · (Edited)
Every state has very different laws regarding tint. If I have tint on my front windows from the factory it won't stop a cop from ticketing me; then I'm much more than annoyed. In NY the only people with front seat side tint are drug dealers and cops. ...cops because they get off on professional courtesy, and drug dealers cut they're trying to be bawlerz but really just dimwits drawing attention to themselves.

So what is a car manufacturer to do with a low volume vehicle that doesn't justify putting in different glass based on where it is being sold? Equip it to the lowest common denominator and not tint the front windows at minimum.

#43 ·
Who said anything about tinted front windows?

#44 · (Edited)
I believe i did see a orange V60 polestar last week outside my parents home.

And now the Swedish Volvo forum posted this picture as response.
Surly looks like the car i did see and must certainly looks like a polestar! lets see if the write some more about it ;)

Update:
Its a genuine polestar.
Has been blue before, so when checking the license plate its a 350.4HP blue V60, made 2014-07

#45 ·
I believe i did see a orange V60 polestar last week outside my parents home last week.

And now the Swedish Volvo forum posted this picture as response.
Surly looks like the car i did see and must certainly looks like a polestar! lets see if the write some more about it ;)
i like it. looks like different style wheels. the wheels are black. can't quite see if there is a badge, and if there is one, that is a polestar badge,

#47 ·
Certainly looks like some big brakes peeking through the front wheels. Polestar sticker on the wheels and one on the grill. If it isn't a genuine Polestar, then someone has found them some badges and invested a bundle in wheels and brakes.

#51 ·
Yes u are correct, the swedish word is "folierad" directly translated foiled but its called "wrap" in USA iguess :)

#53 ·
Color is ok. I would have done it in a deep yellow. The headlights are a sin...and the dark lenses will reduce their effectiveness dramatically.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.