SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Driving impression

5K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Adrian-C30R 
#1 ·
Got the opportunity to drive a V60 Polestar over the weekend. The short drive Thursday evening was entertaining, putting it in sport mode or operating the manual shifters activates a bypass in the rear muffler which really produces a nice sound. Shifting manually means shifts happen RIGHT NOW. My wife drove it today for her impressions. I will report back after the weekend. Until then some pics:

See less See more
#2 ·
We need more pics and some more initial impressions before the END of the weekend!!! :)
Is the trim above the rear diffuser gloss black or grey? Also, is there the black trim piece running along the bottom of the doors?

#3 ·
Impressions coming... Rear diffuser upper trim is matte gunmetal grey. Diffuser itself is very dark grey matte in color. No extra trim on the bottom of the doors. But there are cool door sills that say "Engineered by Polestar". Pics to come.

#4 ·
Thanks, can't wait!
I wonder if NA-spec cars will get that gunmetal grey. Gloss black is the color from all the pics???

#9 ·
Yeah, where are you????
Probably having too much fun!!!

#10 ·
Where are you buddy!?!?!?

#13 ·
Still nothing?!?!?

#14 ·
Sorry folks. Busy weekend and long days at work. First some more pics:
Driver's sill plate

Tail pipe

Close up of diffuser. Blue and silver cars have the gloss black trim, the black cars seem to have the matte gray trim

Driver's door panel detail

Rear door detail

Rear seat detail

Did some around town driving and a nice 100 mile round trip on some back country roads. The car has a true Jeckyl & Hyde personality. With the gearbox in normal mode, it has excellent drivability with a healthy exhaust burble at idle that quiets down at speed. At lower speeds, move the shifter to sport mode and it typically jumps down one or two gears and the exhaust gets noticeably louder as sport mode activates the rear exhaust bypass valve. Accellerating hard in sport mode is a lot of fun. You are pressed into the seat, the exhaust is loud and the shifts are very crisp. One also tends to run out of road, especially in the Swedish back roads I was on. Manual mode with the paddles is the most fun, with very fast and hard shifts. The car felt very well planted with confidence inspiring brakes. This one had some miles on it, about 16,000 km (10K miles), the engine felt loose and fast. Failing to shift quick enough has one hitting the rev limiter, no automatic upshifts in manual mode... This is easy to do as the engine keeps pulling like it wants another 500 RPM of redline.

It was tough to push it hard enough to generate a lot of understeer, the tires bit nicely. It is not a race car, more of a dual personality GT. It can be as mild mannered and tame as you want or slip it into sport, mash the go pedal and it gets loud and fast. As I have not driven an M3 or RS5 I cannot compare. The driver's seat is nicely bolstered, not that difficult to get in and out of. My wife did complain about my driving, not appreciating the hard accel/decel.... The eight year old daughter loved it.

#15 ·
Terrific! Thanks for sharing!
We were only busting you!!!
It's nice to read a real world review from a lay person

#17 ·
The Polestar V60 is certainly an awesome looking wagon. Thanks for sharing the interior shots, the more I see of this car, the more I love it. More pictures please, it's the only thing that will get me through the wait, 4-6 more weeks before I take delivery.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.