SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Delivered: #68 V60 Polestar (Delivery/Impressions)

7K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  cbetlyon 
#1 · (Edited)
So today I got my v60!!:partywave:

It is a dealer demo from VOLVO OF WILKES BARRE/SCRANTON

The delivery process was pretty normal other than the fact that all of the salesmen were crowding around the car for the first few mins it was pretty funny to see that many salesman interested in one delivery. But can you blame them it's the polestar that they have been drooling over for the past week but weren't allowed to drive.

After Tom (my sales man) walked me through all the tech in the car, I was on my way.

I then drove the car from Scranton back to Lancaster, a good 2.25-hour drive!

Driving impressions:
-This car is very fast even under 4,000RPM. Yes this car will not be going any higher than that for at least the first 1000 miles.
-You can really tell that it wants to get up and go especially at 3,000 when you start to feel the boost building.
-Normal mode vs sport mode is night and day. The car truly comes alive in sport mode.

-the exhausted note is quiet intoxicating…as we all can imagine

-the handling is quite awesome. Driving hard on, on and off ramps on the high way this thing did not even flinch at higher speeds.

Sadlly later in the drive it started raining so my fun ended there.

BUT THEN I WAS HIT!!!!:angryfire::mad::(
Nothing to seriuse. As I was sitting in a little bit of traffic the car behind me was slammed into by a kid in a C70. The car behind me rolled forward and gave me a decent bump.

But nothing was damaged. Not even a scratch. THANK G-D.

But anyways here are a few phone pics of the car.
There will be a proper shoot this coming week after I get the windows tinted.

If any one has any specific requests for photos or questions about any details let me know and I can give some answers.

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, the reviews start rolling in. I'm happy to read all the reviews so far!

#6 ·
I just love the way the V60 Polestar looks in black, mine won't be in for another 6 weeks, I don't mind waiting, I'm just happy one has my name on it. Congrats on getting your car, I look forward to seeing it with tint.

#8 ·
Reading this was like a rollercoaster... yea, oh yea, oh no, oh whew ... :D

Congrats.

#10 ·
The sales experience was pretty great. i under stand why you think they were shady. Tom did tell me about the horror stories that were the old dealer. They recently got a owner, along with some of the staff i believe not sure. But they are rebuilding their brand and in my opinion their doing a great job.

#11 · (Edited)
Glad to hear you had a pleasant sales experience. My friend bought two XC60s from Ken Pollack this past spring within the span of a single month. The first was unfortunately totaled after just 9 days of ownership. They were very sympathetic and helpful during that mess, but their used prices were $4-5K higher than other dealers with identical models (2013 XC60s with 10-20K miles). I did not go with my friend when she signed the papers for her first XC and the sales manager talked her into some ridiculous $3K maintenance package. I went with her to sign the papers for the second XC and didn't let that happen again. Her being taken advantage of left a bad taste in my mouth.

Incidentally, I was car shopping around the same time the above was happening and the way my friend's XC held up in her accident was what ultimately convinced me to buy my Volvo. Despite me going to another dealer and placing a deposit on an identical XC (same colors and options), the sales manager at Ken Pollack refused to even match the price, let alone beat it. The only difference between the two XCs was that the car at Ken Pollack actually had more miles...

I ended up buying my XC60 from the other dealer and saving myself about $2K. I still can't believe Ken Pollack let me go.

Anyway... back to your Polestar. It looks like a lot of fun and I sincerely hope nobody else hits your new Volvo. If they do, I have to tell you not to take it back to Ken Pollack for repair. It took them a solid month to repair the hail damage on my friend's second XC60. (Yeah, she had really bad luck with cars this year...)

Happy motoring!

#12 ·
So today I got my v60!!:partywave:

There will be a proper shoot this coming week after I get the windows tinted.
Congrats neighbor and looks very familiar! Crazy how two extremely rare Black V60 Polestars ended up so close to each other! When are we doing that photo shoot?!?
I'm planning on using Auto Graphics in Manheim to get my tint. Where are you going? Are you getting tint all around or just the back/rear windows and what %?
What were your impressions on the tire noise? And did you notice rust on your rear discs (see pic)?

#15 ·
It kind of crazy how close two of these are. i think there is another polestar in york as well! We deff need to do the shoot in the next two weeks before i leave the country for a bit. i was planning on using Auto Graphics in Manheim as well. I'm doing 20% all around. Tire noise i didn't notice so much. Probably because I'm coming from a e90 with Conti DWSs which weren't the quietest tires. And I did not notice any rust on the rotors.

#13 ·

#17 ·
Doing both our cars at the same time would be cool. I’m not worried about cops really on my last car I had 20% all around and had no issues.

As for noise im not to sure ill see what my pressure is today and let you know. The PA turnpike isn’t the best paved road so I wasn’t expecting anything to quiet.

#19 ·
Not that I'm happy, but I'm glad it's not just me! I think our cars may have been outside at the port for some time and water (rain and/or from washing) pools in those grooves and as it dries it discolors the metal.

I take it you'll be taking it in for this and service at Stadel? Dave is already aware of the issue--I pointed it out during my delivery. He is checking into the matter

#21 ·
True, but it looks really bad. I've never had a car with a similar problem. I plan to pose the question/pic in the Official Polestar Q&A thread

#22 ·
would there be a problem putting a Rust converter on those spots? ( It's a water base chemical solution that turns iron oxide to ferric tannate) You just brush it on the rust spots and it turns them black.

#26 · (Edited)
I often go many days to weeks without driving a car. My MINI JCW with Brembos was the only one I drove the last few years but also was the one that was kept outside. And it was a given the rotors would rust during that time of non-use.

If you're one who will keep you Polestar in a garage or drive it every few days, this should be the last time you'll see the rust.

#27 ·
Hey Cbetlyon - would love to see some interior pics of the dash, guages, seats and doors and maybe a couple of the exterior from the side and rear. Did you have a choice on the size tires ? Did yours come with 18" or 19" ? How is the ride quality ? Some say the 19" are much harsher, not as comfortable. Curious to hear your thoughts.

#30 ·
Ha! Get on that CB!
I'll be in that area later this afternoon on my way up to Manheim to get a tint quote for both our Polestars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.