SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2015 S60 polestar. Nh dealer

9K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  lolvos40 
#1 ·

It just arrived yesterday and is cleaned up ready for sale.
It has two winglets on the front bumper which i think is the only difference cosmetically than an r design s60.

See less See more
#25 ·
Only thing thats not available for an r design is the winglets is what i meant. Ive seen an r with all the other goodies.
There is a lot more that is not available for the R-designs (or any other Volvo); apart from the internals (turbocharger, intercooler), the suspension (incl. the Ohlin shocks and springs) are not available, the Polestar-branded Brembo calipers for the front brakes, the Polestar wheels, the exhaust, etc.

#4 ·
Are you saying that this one is actually available for sale? That would be a surprise since these pages have been filled with clamoring and stress over the belief that every car had been spoken for 10 times over!

#6 ·
To my understanding we are getting a rebel blue one too but that one already has a buyer lined up for it.
I was shocked when i saw this one was not rebel blue.
But it does has the blue stitching on the suede interior. Which is also very similar to the r design aside from the blue stitches

#15 ·
It looks like the winglets have been installed on the 4th picture down. Awesome car.

#16 ·
Very nice.

I like the STOP sign in the windshield on the fourth picture down, as in "don't even think about asking to sit in this car or ask for a test drive!"

#20 · (Edited)
Makes complete sense to me. I don't know if I really want it unless I drive it, but I can't drive it to find out if I really want it.

Is that a dealership sticker under the S60 badge? :(
:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

And wrong forum to be posting this in.

#21 ·
:facepalm:

I don't get it. Putting a dealership sticker/license plate frame on unwitting consumers who views cars as appliances for free advertising I understand. But for a car designed for enthusiasts, like the very limited edition Polestar, I can't imagine anyone seriously interested in purchasing it will be anything but annoyed by such a sticker as it represents an immediate hassle to remove upon driving the car home.

But, sadly, maybe there are those who simply show up at dealerships and say 'give me the most expensive car you have on the lot' and, in that case, the dealership sticker won't matter. I see that quite a bit in Los Angeles with people buying AMG mercedes for the prestige that will never go over 4000 RPMs, but I have a hard time thinking that of the 40 S60 Polestar sedans in the U.S., any of them will wind up in the hands of such a non-enthusiast. And I'd like to think the dealership honored with selling one of these beauties would respect the car enough to leave the sticker off in this instance.

#22 ·
I agree with the dealer badge, just tacky. The dealer I purchased my car from took the nice plate/frame from our trade in and installed it on the new car for us. He noted that the trade in didn't have advertising and he made sure the V60 didn't either. Very observant and classy IMHO. Then again they are the only game in town so maybe they're aren't all that worried about the competition.

#27 ·
#33 · (Edited)
The unit is already sold and should not have hit inventory; nor be automatically discounted by the system.

That's NOT the point. You should remove the sticker NOW. It belittles the car. And encourage the dealership to move from cheezy stickers on the delicate paint to license brackets. Stickers are for used Chevrolets :facepalm:
Exactly. As another poster pointed out, rear license plate frames are about it (no front drilled plates unless state mandated); especially for an enthusiast vehicle.

Because it speaks to the lack of class and seemingly indifference of the dealer or whomever prepped the car.
The person who prepped it probably didn't bother to take the time for anything different than the usual process.

I just work there my last name is not lovering so i cant
And yet you're posting it here for the "enthusiast crowd" to purchase.......and the "enthusiast crowd" is telling you that the sticker is a major FAIL.

#31 ·
That's NOT the point. You should remove the sticker NOW. It belittles the car. And encourage the dealership to move from cheezy stickers on the delicate paint to license brackets. Stickers are for used Chevrolets :facepalm:

#34 ·
Didn't mean it personally. It's a great car and we do appreciate the post. But perhaps someone could kindly offer to clean off the sticker for buyer...

#35 ·
Magoon i completely agree with you dealer stickers suck but its what most dealers so.

Also i believe the front bumper has plate mounts from factory. Its how we recieved the car.

And to be honest i am not sure if we are in a hurry to sell this one right away it has given us alot more foot traffic and they want to keep it in new england area so they service with us..atleast thats the theory

#37 ·
Magoon i completely agree with you dealer stickers suck but its what most dealers so.
If you say so. I have already walked away from a deal where I specifically told the dealer NOT to drill the front bumper.........and when I went to close the deal, it was drilled and plated. And NO stickers on any of my vehicles; though I will use the rear plate frames.

Also i believe the front bumper has plate mounts from factory. Its how we recieved the car.
The dimples are one thing. Actually drilling through for the bolts is another.

And to be honest i am not sure if we are in a hurry to sell this one right away it has given us alot more foot traffic and they want to keep it in new england area so they service with us..atleast thats the theory
Best of luck. In my book, a sale is a sale.......and less interest expense on the carry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.