SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

if your 2015.5 Polestar will be your primary drive, what is it replacing?

8K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  johnmercury007 
#1 ·
BTW, this is my first post here.

I will soon be an owner of a S60 Polestar, coming out of an Audi S4. Audi didn't have a step up car for me (that I could afford) and although the new S3 is new, it's smaller and less feature packed. The S60 gave me everything, performance and more features than I can probably use. And it's exclusive. I pick mine up in a week.

So if you're getting into this car, and it's not just your weekend toy or part of a collectable set of things you don't use, and you will actually use it, leave it at the airport parking lot on business trips, take it to the grocery store, maybe fold down the seats and throw a bicycle in back, then what car was or will be your last prior to the Polestar?

And also FYI, not only did I never own a Volvo prior to this, but I never would have! I am sure more folks would buy this car if it was available. Maybe it will act as the halo for more Volvo sales.

#2 ·
I too never would have owned a Volvo had it not been for this car, and moreso that suspension. Had it not had the trick Ohlins I would not have felt compelled to buy.

To answer your question, see my sig. It's to replace everything there eventually.

The MINI JCW has already been traded in, two months before my V60 is to arrive. The 560SL wasn't driven for 4 years. And I just put it back on the road with the intent to sell it and help fund the V60. Same for my C43/55 tho it was only 2 or 3 years I hadn't driven that. And as long as I keep my house on LI, I'll keep the Jeep as a 2nd vehicle. But once I sell this place and move into my NYC place full time, the Jeep will go too, leaving me with only the V60 Polestar. Until that time tho, it'll be parked on the streets of Manhattan for about 1/3 - 1/2 the year. And I dread the thought of that, as my Mini did not fair well from that experience at all.

#3 ·
I wonder how many of us are actually new to Volvo b/c of this car. I am also!
My wife traded in her 2011 X5d. We miss the size only b/c of our dog, but we'll learn to get over it! :thumbup:
Welcome BTW!

#7 · (Edited)
I'm replacing my Volvo 850 that I have driven for 20+ years. The Polestar will make up for the lost opportunities of not buying a Volvo R edition over those years. :D

#12 ·
I'm replacing this

with a Rebel Blue V60. It will take over autox and track day duties, as well as become a baby hauler. If I couldn't get my hands on the Polestar, I'd probably have gotten an S4 or Chevy SS. My criteria were something I could take to the track, and has enough room for a baby seat and other items (stroller, etc). I've always used 13 for my autox number, so getting V60 #13 was meant to be I guess.

#20 · (Edited)
Going from one "rare" car to another. Looking to replace this:

2003 Volkswagen Passat W8 (270 hp, 4motion)

The only options you had were similar to Polestar:

Sedan or Wagon
Manual or Automatic
Sport Suspension

This is an automatic (could NOT find a manual) with the sport suspension. Only 60K miles too. It is in fabulous condition.

#21 ·
I currently drive a 2008 scion tC. My wife and I are both getting our careers going finally so we decided to replace our cars. I wanted an irresponsible car while I'm young so I was pushing for a 2015 Mustang GT convertible. However we're trying to have a baby this year (our first) and I'll be doing most of the driving of children around. A compromise was in order and the rebel blue v60 polestar was my first suggestion. She went for it now I feel like I'm getting the better car over all. So considering my current car I'm pretty stoked to take delivery!

#24 ·
Mine replaced a modified V50. The Acura in between, I don't count.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.