SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Roof Rack on V60 polestar

21K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  rebelde azul 
#1 ·
Anyone know whether the standard volvo roof rack (load carrier) will work on the polestar edition V60?

Since the polestar doesn't have the integrated rails like the regular wagon you would have to use a standard set up like on the sedan.

However the sedan has two rivet nut mounting points at each door location and the wagon only has one.

#2 ·
There are V60 crossbar kits from Volvo that work on any V60 base, or Polestar version that doesn't have the rails. Only one mounting point per door is needed.
Jeff

#3 ·
Lack of roof rails on the V is a real sore spot for me. Is anyone else as worried as I am about damage to the paint in the door jam or edge of the roof by that clamp style crossbar we'll be forced to use?

#7 ·
...but you WILL have the rubber seal deform to the stupid way that they did this. I'll snap a pic of a C30 at work tomorrow that has this style installed. As I've said before, the Polestar V60 should have the normal V60 rails on top. I'll be looking to add them, drilling holes if needed, rather than run this way.

#9 ·
Here's a C30 with the rack that Volvo wants the owners of the V60 Polestar to use. The problem is the rubber distortion around the front clamp. The rear clamp would be the same and isn't really all that pretty compared to a rack that is completely off the paint and doesn't disturb any of the sealing rubber.

This post has been deleted
#18 · (Edited)
...some babbled deleted by the now banned author .... hallelujah
You know we are not in your head and if you write only every other word like some kind of weird code we do not understand what you are saying! How 'bout write some full sentences if you want to be involved in a conversation about something?

#22 · (Edited)
"oui"
nice angle fo u
u can still back out
041 - V60P - Black Sapphire - m8o - NYC/LI, NY
I figured this one out ... with all due respect, it's like you pass all your responses thru a "Twitter filter" that removes any semblance of conversational correspondence and leaves barely comprehensible sentence fragments suitable for posting on Twitter; my favorite is the double line returns were a period or comma should be found. If you don't get my coding, that's not a good thing; really irritating.

And, no ... no I can't. I already did the deep "lack of roof rails vs. lack of title to a Polestar" inner argument, and settled on getting the car. I traded my Mini in to the Dealership near the top of the month, expecting the car V60 to arrive around mid Sept. It was a double kick in the arse when the following Monday or Tuesday I was sent an email mine would be arriving around Nov. 19th.

That doesn't mean I can't be miffed about this one aspect, the subject of this thread. Or that I have to drink the kool-aid and buy into the market'ing bs you're spouting. I'll even contend that was devised within the last few weeks or one month when Volvo & Polestar started getting the complaints thru the sales reps from some of those that ordered, of their choice to not provide the V with roof-rails; my salesman and regional mgr said they spent 1/2 a day on it for me.

For cripes sake, there wasn't a review written in May or June from the press reveal that did NOT say [paraphrasing] 'the Polestar reps made a point to tell us this is not a car made for the track'. So wtf, we don't get roof rails 'cuz it's designed by a race team, but everyone they ever presented the car to was told 'this is not a car that was designed to excel on the track'?! Fer cry'n out loud! I would be ashamed if I was repeating that bs immediately above!

#23 · (Edited)
m80, hopefully your dealer's shop techs can figure out how to install the roof rails on your V60. If they do, I would be interested in seeing a thread on it. There are likely other Polestar owners who may consider doing that.

#25 ·
Same Boat Here

So I have a R Design wagon on order and am contemplating getting a Polestar and this too is nagging me. Curious to see if you can get rails installed. I also considered the hitch rack but prefer a roof rack for the wagon. One option for you, not sure if you have seen this:

http://www.seasucker.com/

I saw these at Ironman Coeur d'Alene and they were sweet. I am still considering these as an option, as I only really put a bike on my car once every week or two.

Hope this helps,

Mike

#27 ·
So I have a R Design wagon on order and am contemplating getting a Polestar and this too is nagging me. Curious to see if you can get rails installed. I also considered the hitch rack but prefer a roof rack for the wagon. One option for you, not sure if you have seen this:

http://www.seasucker.com/

I saw these at Ironman Coeur d'Alene and they were sweet. I am still considering these as an option, as I only really put a bike on my car once every week or two.

Hope this helps,

Mike
the searsucker bike transporter bits look great. a mite pricey perhaps for two bicycles, but rails or no rails they are one answer for moving a bike or two.

john

#28 ·
I will compromise, but honestly I prefer a hitch solution (which I won't get here). The great thing about a real wagon, say a V70R, is huge roof rack space, and a hitch. She's a hauler.

#29 ·
Anyone have picts of what the V60 hitch setup would look like? I too am contemplating a RD vs P. :D

#31 ·
Dealer here in the US quoted $850 for the rails, but they were backordered with no ETA on delivery; plus, they could not tell how they were affixed to the roof. It is entirely possible that some welded-in fasteners are missing as the Polestar shows nothing but a smooth gutter up top. The dealer I spoke to said they'd need to get a rail in and see how it is affixed before they could quote a labor charge.

#32 ·
Bear with me, a V60 Polestar starts as a fully loaded V60 RD, at some point the rails are not installed. The attachment points, I would think, still should be there just as they are on the V60RD. The holes are not drilled, but I would think the attachment points would be under the headliner. I don't think it would be rocket science to attach some rails. This only makes sense if rails are standard on all V60 RD's, not if it's an option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.