SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar's V60 R #77/80 in BSM Delivered!

9K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  madden 
#1 · (Edited)
It's here. It's beautiful. I meant to take more pictures, but I was too excited to drive it.

I can't wait for you all to get yours!

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes. I was that dissatisfied with the level of customer service I was receiving. They had a car now. That all outweighed waiting til 12/21 for a car that gave an undeserved commission to a salesman that doesn't deserve it.

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
Aha! I was wondering who ended up with that one. Congratulations and enjoy! Sorry it won't be on the Colorado roads, but I'm sure some others will find their way up here.

#10 ·
The winglets/splitters are dealer install. Can't have them on for clearance with truck transport. They're an important item to create downforce for braking.

#18 ·
Yes, between them, the rear spoiler and the rear diffuser, there is a lot of downforce especially when you go above 90. ;)

#16 ·
About 15 minutes , real easy

Number 20 torx driver , 2 screws each lamp ,

face the microchip towards the lense

when installed with deck lid open u will see the microchip thru the lense
Thanks! This will be on the to-do list when #39 BSM V60 arrives in...November - very anxious and impatient...:rolleyes:

#24 ·
Congrats! After break-in enjoy it!

#25 ·
So I finally had the chance to take it on a long drive today. I ordered a seat cover for underneath the baby's car seat. I ordered this one because it matches our interior and I highly recommend it. It's functional and it blends right in.

The drive was nice, but I did notice the tire sounds on roads. It isn't quiet, and that doesn't bother me, in fact, it was a nice white noise for the baby. It put him right to sleep. The roads in NW Indiana are pretty terrible and you feel and hear every crack, lip and repair. That said, I still love driving the car. It hugs the turns with almost not body roll and without going over 4000 rpm, I still enjoyed it. The car sounds amazing in sport mode. I can't wait to hit some tunnels to hear it better. I live in a high rise with a multilevel indoor parking structure and I only use sport mode to listen to it. Everyone is shocked when they hear it coming up the ramps and find it that "it's just a Volvo!"

The fuel economy wasn't terrible, better than one might expect in a car with such capabilities, but far lower than my Saab.

I can't wait to get it past 600 miles so I can beat it up a little.

Side note, for some reason, when you lift the wiper blades to clean your windshield, it doesn't clear the hood and scrapes the paint right off the lip. I will be contacting my dealer for a small repair. I was surprised at how easily the paint was removed. So be cautious.

More to come.

Sorry for any typos, I'm on an iPad.

#26 · (Edited)
Side note, for some reason, when you lift the wiper blades to clean your windshield, it doesn't clear the hood and scrapes the paint right off the lip. I will be contacting my dealer for a small repair. I was surprised at how easily the paint was removed. So be cautious.
You need to first place the wipers in service position before lifting them off the windshield. Refer to the owner's manual on the procedure (chapter 10, wipers blades). You may find this a little more complicated than it needs to be. It has been improved on the new SPA platform with a touch button in the infotainment touch screen. See the "XC90 (2016 - )" forum as the first SPA model to be released next year.

Returning to your thread, congrats on your new Polestar! I'm jealous until Dec. :p

#28 ·
And you may find the "wiper maintenance" procedure a little more complicated than it needs to be. It has been improved on the new SPA platform with a touch button in the infotainment touch screen. See the XC90 2016+ forum as the first SPA model to be released next year.
As the owner of a 2007 Volvo, what on earth is "wiper maintenance mode"? o_O

#31 ·
The gas mileage will get better after break-in, mixed use, mostly city, I'm averaging 14 mpg after 300 miles. I have also noticed the paint is a little softer on this car compared to my previous Volvo's, my car goes into the paint shop after a little parking lot mishap, 12" scratch on rear panel, 1/2" scratch on taillight, since it's in a very visible spot they have to blend it out a ways, because of the metallic for a perfect match, so it's going to be 1300.00 to repair. I think they added a bit after I told them it was a limited edition V60, very rare, and that I was worried about them doing a perfect repair to my "special" car, lol, I should have kept my mouth shut.
It does scratch pretty easily, maybe the paint is not fully cured yet, I'm finding you have to treat this paint very carefully, hand washing (2 bucket) and treating very gently to prevent swirls. I'd be curious to know what's on the car, catalyzed waterborne acrylic?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.