SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

01 at the track

8K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  gtsxr 
#1 ·

FIRST i would like to thank the following for a most interesting day at the track. Thed Bjork, Polestar Racing driver, instructor and 3 time STCC Champion. Next would be Christian Polestar Lead Race Mechanic. the one who put the event together Maria Paulsson Event Manager. Next and by na means last the boss Gary Coigis Polestars market manager for North America. This event took place on 9-24
When the introductions were over Thed and I took to the track with him driving Polestars S60, sorry 01, to show me the course and explain the proper way around. The course was set up in the infield at the Auto Club Speedway. As I didn't have any experience driving on a race course he took us around at a reduced speed, explaining the proper line and breaking points. After three laps we switched places. His instruction continued as I drove. After five laps we took the car back to the garage to have tire temps checked and he also went over my performance, good for a first timer.
We then went out for a second time and he increased the speed to show me how the car felt at speed. That was the last time he drove for the day,but was it. I drove servile more sets. I ended up with one trouble spot, a decreasing raids turn.
After this was all over Thed affered to take me out and do laps at racing speed. If I hadn't been in the car I would not believe how good this car is. the grip is so great the tires never Squealed during the three laps. This car is either a street car for the track or a track caar for the street it's that good.
All n all a very rewarding 21/2 hours.
Thank you Polestar for the best Volvo ever.

See less See more
#2 ·
They should host an event on the east coast for those of us that do this type of thing with our cars.
BTW A squealing tire is a happy tire. A tire not squealing isn't being pushed hard enough. :p

#4 ·
Sounds real fun. Thanx for sharing Daniel.

Of course had you wore a gopro (or similar) the whole time and had that to post, that would be even better. :p You know if anyone else in attendance did that?

You mind me asking Daniel, did this cost you anything? I had to pay around $1500 for something similar to this hosted by Mercedes and AMG.

#5 ·
Sounds real fun. Thanx for sharing Daniel.

Of course had you wore a gopro (or similar) the whole time and had that to post, that would be even better. :p You know if anyone else in attendance did that?

You mind me asking Daniel, did this cost you anything? I had to pay around $1500 for something similar to this hosted by Mercedes and AMG.
There was someone with a still camera, I gave him my email address but no pictures yet. Two and 1/2 hours, individual training $00.00 unless you want to count the 20+ Volvos purchased in the past. All I can say is they are working on those type of events.

#10 ·
That is totally worth all the loyalty points Daniel. For the East coast edition!?!? Well I just happen to be a founding member at a private country club track an hour north of ATL called Atlanta Motorsports Park. I can rent the track out on weekdays at a big discount versus other race tracks. Please pass it along to the powers that be. I would love to have that kind of event there. We have all kinds of new vehicle debuts and a new skid pad with an "Ice Hill" (Google it it's pretty awesome).

#12 ·
Daniel - I did the same on Tuesday - Christian, Johan, Gary, Maria and Thed from Polestar were great hosts along with Dean and Dan from Volvo - we had a lot of fun. Yes, these did very well on the track. I have some in car video clips I will be posting. I have a variety of picts on out Instagram page from Tuesday. The exhaust sounds fantastic!

http://instagram.com/swedespeed

ZekeUSMC - we should plan an East Coast event at your track.

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
the link should work without an Instagram account. I just tried it on my laptop and iphone without being logged into instagram - can anyone else confirm the link doesn't work? maybe I have something in my browser cache that's letting the link work.

#18 ·
Here are some picts:

#19 ·

#23 ·
DANIEL, I don't think I read clearly, when you were driving solo were you driving your car or the one provided (and our favorite, on other people's tires) ? Bit more so wondering if "01" saw any track time?

#25 ·
Just back from having 01 shocks adjusted

This mourning I had 01's shocks adjusted to the soft by 2 Clicks. For my taste they were little harsh, when coming off a sharp bump it felt like the car hit bottom with out adsorbing any of the drop. Driving 01 after the adjustment in normal mode the car now feels like my 13 RD, may be a little stiffer. In performance a lot stiffer than the RD but not as stiff as the Polestar settings. I hope the explanations are good.

This post has been deleted
#28 ·
It took about 10 min for each wheel. The mechanic had to reach around the front drive axle and then to the top of shock, the most difficult was counting the clicks. The rear were removed which was easy. Had a good view of the adjustment screw and counting the clicks. Yes, I am always invited to watch.
On the cost, it is my understanding that there is no charge for the first two adjustment.

#26 ·
S60 rear adjustments take 10mins and can be done at the track (or driveway).

V60 rear adjustments are more time consuming (and more interior trim removal) but Volvo is working on a solution to improve the process for Volvo techs and owners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.