SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Can you pull all the way over most parking stops?

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  no more saab stories 
#1 ·
Coming from an R that had the front bumber tugged off by one... I just wanted to ask the guys who also have R's how the P* compares?

#2 ·
Be VERY careful. The polestar will not make it over 90% of the stops on U.S. parking lots. I suggest that you stop before your front lower lip goes over because you will crack it.

#3 ·
Thanks GV. That was my suspicion just from eyeballing it. Well if I end up getting one (RBV at the Marietta store) that will be my first project to make it easily removable. I just don't need any extra downforce on the streets anyway these days I'm over 40 now haha. I get all my fun out on track at Atlanta Motorsports Park.

#4 ·
I would never drive without the Front Spiltters, Polestar did a lot of testing, inkl. Aerodynamics, and it looks like a regular R-Design, without the Spiltters.
If they are lower then a regular S/V60 R-Design, it's only very little. The difference is, that the lowest point is more in Front of the regular Bumper. So there will be a difference only, when driving downhill next to a parking stop or what ever.

#5 ·
Even pulling over, a parking space, you must be careful since the front bumper will not clear most of the stops.

And, yes, the splitters are there for a reason, whether you track the car or not.

#9 ·
My daughter drove my old V50 with a lip over a curb ripped it off backing up, drove home with it hanging by a thread, dragging underneath the car. She also curbed every wheel, needless to say she is never going to drive the V60.

#11 ·
Fortunately the park assist will beep and let you know if you are getting close to a curb in the V60 Polestar. I love this feature as I caught my bumper on several curbs over the years on my old V70R. So far its worked great for me.

#12 ·
I haven't gotten close enough to a curb yet for it to go off, I'm being very careful. How close do you have to be before it will beep?

#14 ·
I experimented today, I got about 2 feet away from a 6' tall bush in a parking lot before it went off, and I got very close to a curb, about 6" away and it never went off. The curb was just high enough to do some damage to the splitters if I'd gone further. Can this system be calibrated somehow?

#15 ·
I'm going to apply a safety rule to my parking, a lot of sites I visit require the first maneuver to be in a forward direction, in other words you are required to reverse into parking bays upon arrival, due to the use of heavy equipment and large trucks on site. By reversing in, you have the parking sensor, and the camera to assist.

#16 · (Edited)
Great concept and idea. Have you considered or seen the front mounted camera?
I've not experienced one yet, but I believe it only "sees" wide angle on the sides and nothing directly in front of you.

#18 ·
I took another look at the parking assistance and it starts beeping at about three feet with four levels of notice. Also warns on front side approaches too. A very nice feature to have given the low winglet and bumper clearance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.