SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

This is how one dealer thinks a Polestar should be presented

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Mrsideways 
#1 ·
Before you gaze down any further and ruin your retinas, just pause and think that this is a flagship car that costs £50,000 ($80,000) here in the UK. That means its up against the some of the best contenders in the premium segment.

Now take a look at this. I'd like to draw particular attention to the deranged Polestar logo and the Yokohama decal even though the car comes with Michelins fitted. Please do share your thoughts or even compliments on this spectacular design by a dealer. Remember, you're spending $80,000 on this beauty.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I hope they lose a bundle on it! In reality, I bet it's just a wrap for some event and will be off it soon. But a travesty none the less until then.

#5 ·
Looks really stupid...it's difficult to concentrate on the car as beautiful as it is. It's like the car has been tarnished. Why would they ugly it up?

#7 ·
It's just a promotion, they gussied it up like a race car to attract sales. It's all vinyl, they will peel it off once the promotion is over.

#8 ·
volvo corporate should be pleased; an adventurous dealer going out of their way to be exciting in their effort to push for sales. they probably expect that curious people will stop in and get hooked on buying a volvo, any volvo.

#9 ·
Off topic, but Volvo needs some smaller cars in their line-up to attract more buyers. Audi manages to sell "and" advertise the A3 and Q3 starting at 29,900 and 32,500 respectively at a starting point for a capable small car. Cannot the V40 be sold here in that price range? Some people just like a smaller car. I think the S60 and V60 are relative bargains for what you get, compared to the competition. But I lament the discontinuation of the C30/S40/V50/C70, the C30 especially was a great looking car. These cars didn't have great sales numbers, but they also didn't have any advertising, I can't count how many TV commercials I've seen for the new Audi Q3. I never saw an ad for the C30, ever. I realize Volvo does not have the financial clout VW/Audi/Porsche has. I really hope Volvo prospers, because I really like their cars.
I couldn't be happier with my new V60. And I like the direction Volvo is taking with Polestar, but filter down some of this stuff to the rest of the line-up. Maybe that will come. I read reviews of the V60 RD and they complain about body roll, umm.. put the Polestar rear sway bar and strut bar in an RD. They don't like the lazy transmission, umm... put in the Polestar software in all RD. So, now your closing the gap between an RD and a Polestar, so what, make the Polestar even better, but filter down what makes a Polestar a Polestar.

#10 ·
I agree with you but one thing I want to say is that Volvo shouldn't go down the route of making cars to please motoring journalists. Because what happens is that everyone is trying to make the same car. One manufacturer I feel has got the balance right is Jaguar. I think Volvo should set its sights on being more like Jaguar rather than any of the German brands. Volvo should reintroduce the R line as the top end models because the R-Design package doesn't make much sense when there is no actual R model available for it to take inspiration from.

#11 ·
I would hazard to say the Polestar is the new R, or rather a R+. And your right Jaguar follows it's own path, and so should Volvo. If I wanted a German brand, I would buy one. I don't want Volvo to be just as good as the Germans, I want them to be better. I want a safe car, one that handles exceptionally well, fun to drive, looks killer, comfortable seats, the kind you can spend time in on a long drive without squirming, world class climate package, quality interior, the V60 P* pushes all those buttons for me. Volvo styling has always looked great to me, the C30, P1800, V60, S60, XC60 XC90 etc. are all beautiful cars. The original XC90 set the standard in awesome, it still looks good today. The current styling of Lexus, Acura, BMW and others make me cringe. Volvo's have always had style. And they have set the safety standard for decades. Are they perfect, no car is, I can nitpick any car out there.

#13 ·
Mine came out way better!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.