SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar Web Shop

8K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Opus007 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Got a message that the "brandon" Polestar web shop doesn't supply to the US, and sent me through this link instead.

http://www.cmgestore.com/vol2/

Of course, there is no Polestar stuff there. What gives?
That's so weird that they don't ship to the US, then they should list USD pricing and they shouldn't have sent me an email to US-Region owned vehicle about the Web Store to purchase merchandise.

Sad, I really wanted that black coat they have listed.

#6 · (Edited)
I tried to order from the Polestar web shop and ship to the US, but Brandon cancelled the order saying I must order from the CMG web store. Something about having me avoid possible US customs costs. Of course none of the Polestar products are on CMG.

#7 ·
That's odd. Don't understand why they would have had an email conversation with me about specific items and shipping times. Then again I haven't yet placed the order so it sounds like I'd have the same experience that you did...

Also odd that they'd offer a USD currency option with no intent to ship to US.

#9 ·
I thought the international buyer is responsible for paying all customs? Why would Brandon care?

#10 ·
I find that odd as well. I've ordered plenty of stuff from overseas and had no issues with paying the extra fees.

I also think it's odd that they direct you to that Volvo "lifestyle" store and there is no Polestar material at all. I'm sure there's a delay until that stuff makes it to the Volvo lifestyle store, so why not provide the info on when that might be?

#12 · (Edited)
I received a follow up email from Brandon. They replied they do ship to the US for Polestar web store orders. They said I could reorder for delivery to the US and apologized for the confusion.

I suspect the confusion came from the Volvo's Global Lifestyle Collection web store which is also managed by Brandon. Volvo has restrictions of not shipping orders from that web store to China, Japan, Russia or US. Instead they redirect those customers to order from the local Volvo web stores in their countries.

#16 ·
Ok, I ordered some items from the Polestar web store and got them shipped to the U.S. But I got nailed on some excessive duties ($60+ on $250 USD).

Apparently there is a 27% US duty on imported products with man made fibers. I had two jackets in the order that were polyester. I expected to pay taxes and not some crazy duty like that.

If the imported package is over $200 USD then US customs will collect duties and taxes on it. At least their processing fee of $7 is reasonable. Still next time I'll keep such orders under that threshold. Argh.

You have been warned. :)

#18 ·
Ok, I ordered some items from the Polestar web store and got them shipped to the U.S. But I got nailed on some excessive duties ($60+ on $250 USD).

Apparently there is a 27% US duty on imported products with man made fibers. I had two jackets in the order that were polyester. I expected to pay taxes and not some crazy duty like that.

If the imported package is over $200 USD then US customs will collect duties and taxes on it. At least their processing fee of $7 is reasonable. Still next time I'll keep such orders under that threshold. Argh.

You have been warned. :)
Thanks for the heads up. Is that $200 for product only not including shipping costs, etc.?

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#22 ·
Please send me a private message if you are interested in this jacket instead of replying on this thread. I'll post here when it is sold. Thanks.
The jacket has been sold. I deleted my original "for sale" posting to clean up this thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.