SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

New S60 Polestar #14

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kenhoeve 
#1 ·
I am reading all this forum stuff and it is too much. The Polestar car is easier to figure out.
I flew down to Dallas to see the car and once I drove it, it was all over. I was expecting a teeth shattering ride but the test drive was fast, cornered very well and the pot holes were not a problem.
Reading this forum makes me think I bought a lemon. The car doesn't dyno to factory specs, there's a noise in the rear end, maybe tires maybe suspension, and there is not enough HP.
So what are your choices? Audi, BMW, Mercedes,Infinity, and Lexus. Go to there websites, build the same car as a Polestar, take the price of that newly built car and divide it by the horse power. The Volvo S60/V60 Polestar is the best bang for the buck.
Thirty two hours total time with 27 hours of driving, and three Red Bulls later I was home.
After the 1,812 miles ride home I can say #14 rides very well.

#2 ·
break in trip

That's one hell of a break in trip. Thanks for the positive report. I've had mine a month and only have 750 miles on it. I need more road trips! So far I have no complaints - no noises, seems like it has plenty of power, especially in sport mode, I love the ride and the relative value. Compared to my V70 it's super quiet with a sweet exhaust sound as a bonus.

#3 ·
Congrats. There is a ton of praise on this forum for the car. If you think there is a lot of information on this one little forum page, you must not have visited bimmerforums, etc. You could spend years and never read all the threads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.