SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar questions 2015-vs 2015.5

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  rebelde azul 
#1 ·
Sorry for Newb questions.

I am researching a V60 Polestar. I have a couple of questions, and hoping experts can answer.

If a V60 or S60 have a Polestar badge on the back, is that the indication that they are a Polestar tuned car?

IF the above is the case, then what is the difference between 2015's and 2015.5's.

Trying to due my research prior to purchasing.

Thanks

#3 ·
Sorry for Newb questions.

I am researching a V60 Polestar. I have a couple of questions, and hoping experts can answer.

If a V60 or S60 have a Polestar badge on the back, is that the indication that they are a Polestar tuned car?

IF the above is the case, then what is the difference between 2015's and 2015.5's.

Trying to due my research prior to purchasing.

Thanks
This sub-forum is for the very limited production of S60/V60 Polestar models which are only 2015.5MY. What it sounds like you are asking is the difference between S60/V60 R-Design models that are Polestar tuned and have a small badge next to the T6 emblem on the truck lid. The only real difference between 2015 and 2015.5 is that the 2015.5's get the new SENSUS Connect system (4G cell service, Apps, etc), R-Design model's lose logo on the seat backs and Xenon's only come on Platinum Trim (2015 it was a standalone option for non-R-Design models, but in 2015.5 R-Design's that are base trim do not come with Xenon's).

#4 ·
Thank you. I had some significant confusion. I was looking at aV70R Design, it had the Polestar emblem on the back, but had 18" wheels and a roof rack. I am looking for the "true" Polestar edition.

I assume that the R-Design does not have any of the upgrades other than some select ECM tuning. No shocks, brakes, Intercooler, etc...

Thank you again for the clarity.

#5 ·
Thank you. I had some significant confusion. I was looking at aV70R Design, it had the Polestar emblem on the back, but had 18" wheels and a roof rack. I am looking for the "true" Polestar edition.

I assume that the R-Design does not have any of the upgrades other than some select ECM tuning. No shocks, brakes, Intercooler, etc...

Thank you again for the clarity.
Exactly, the R-Design models have a stiffer suspension (not the same as the Olhin's in the Polestar), ECM tuning and cosmetic differences. The TRUE Polestar models have upgraded suspension, brakes, engine components and ECM tuning as well.

#6 ·
2015.5 also offers the frameless rear view mirror, which I really like. Its the little things in life. :)

#7 ·
The Polestar has 250 different parts swapped out into a fully loaded R design. Among the notable differences:
unique 20" wheels
Brembo brakes in front, rears are the same as a RD
Different software for tranny, engine and Haldex
CF strut bar
Bigger rear sway bar
Ohlins suspension
stiffer bushings
bigger FMIC
reworked turbo
unique to Polestar front splitters and rear spoiler
etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.