SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Incorrect numbering on S60 Polestar?

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  GrecianVolvo 
#1 ·
Hey all, I finally took delivery on my S60P yesterday. Love the car so far, but when I got home, I noticed something pretty disturbing. It looks like the wrong limited edition numbering label was attached to the steering wheel - it says "06/80" instead of "06/40." After checking around the forums a bit, I confirmed what I thought I'd seen before: other S60P's seem to be numbered out of 40. What gives? Are the limited edition numbers applied at the factory or the dealership? Even if it didn't bother me personally (and it does), I'm worried it could affect resale value.

Pictures attached.

See less See more
#5 ·
I think you may get better results if you email Polestar unless your dealer really gives a crap

#6 ·
Polestar would have no idea. VCNA numbers the cars. His retailer will be able to contact VCNA and figure out what happened.

#7 ·
Thanks for all the thoughts guys. I called my dealer and he said he would contact their Polestar rep, and based on what GrecianVolvo said, I'll suggest to him tomorrow that he contact VCNA as well. Hoping that something can be done. I tried to look at it as something that made my car more unique, but honestly it still bothers me and I'm hoping it can be fixed. This car is supposed to be something special and while there's plenty that makes it special other than a label, the label was sort of emblematic of what it was.

And I recognize it's a small mistake, and that those sorts of things happen, but I also feel like the preparation of these cars should've been handled with some extra care, given what they are, and what we have invested in them. Not looking to throw around blame though, really more interested in finding a solution.

Anyways, I'll update when I hear back from the dealer. Thanks guys.

#9 ·
Heh, maybe the V60P with 6/40 label has become more valuable unknowingly to that owner?

Hopefully Volvo can get the correct label to you. :facepalm:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.