SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

RB V60 Polestar #22 being Prepped for delivery

5K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Opus007 
#1 ·
Hi All! New to the forum and the world of Volvo!!

I have been driving a 2010 Audi A4 Avant, and was very happy. I was not, however, happy with the state of wagons in the US. When news of the Polestar coming to the US hit, I was intrigued, so I headed down to my local Volvo shop. This was June, so I figured I'd never get on, but just in case I put my deposit down, and was told I was "on the list". Lo and behold, August rolled around and I got a phone call form an unknown number in NJ. Yup... I got one... #22, Rebel Blue. Delivery was confirmed for the end of November, and she was delivered last week!!! I took a look at her and immediately knew I would be very happy with this amazing auto! She will be prepped for delivery later this week!

I've been reading the posts, and am excited to become a member of this exclusive community!! She's getting full winter tire setup, protection film, and maybe tinting in the spring.

Anyway, some pics of number 22!!

D

See less See more
#3 ·
Congratulations!

#5 ·
Nope... Stamford... In fact, I'm heading over now to see it again, and work on the final paperwork. Does anyone find any value to the extra extended plans (Factory Scheduled maintenance, Wear items, Protection Plus)? I'm debating what to add... but I think the tire/wheel protection is a must! Any recommendations?

#9 ·
Does anyone find any value to the extra extended plans (Factory Scheduled maintenance, Wear items, Protection Plus)? I'm debating what to add... but I think the tire/wheel protection is a must! Any recommendations?
It's like any other insurance. If you like the peace of mind of a "fixed cost", go for it. But know that odds are you will save money by declining all these extras.

#6 ·
I just ordered roof rack guards and door handle guards from lamin-x.com... today only you can get 20% off and free shipping by using the code "CYBER20" :)
The door handle guards everyone should get because this is a common area of wear and the film would completely protect it from fingernails and rings ect...

#13 ·
Yikes! But I will say, even at that price, the car is so tight that it might be worth it! Coming from an Audi, that I thought had great handling, this beast blows it away! Plus the power is fantastic! But it goes beyond the grunt stuff... the car is incredibly refined! All the electronics make for an incredibly peaceful cabin at normal driving speeds, and the stereo is incredible! I pumped Pandora through and was impressed, but then I hooked up an iPod and WOW!!! NUTS! Still only 60 miles on this puppy, but next week I have a trip to Vermont, when I'm sure I'll get to delve into her finer points. And one final item... the seats are the best I've ever sat in. Very supportive and very comfortable (I sat in it for 2 hours for delivery). Plus the heated steering wheel is just plain extravagant!! Fun, Fun, FUN!!!!

Cheers!

#14 ·
They are, indeed, awesome cars.

#17 ·
I'm jealous ...

Sent from my iPhone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.