SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Anyone planning on modifying their polestar?

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  kenhoeve 
#1 ·
I'm curious if anyone is hoping to squeeze some more power out of the car like I am. I'm sure polestar tuned the motor to make amazing power then volvo stepped in for final production and detuned the motor a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 · (Edited)
There's not a whole lot needed on this car, maybe a free flow air filter, with debatable results, a Feritta 3 1/2" down pipe would be of benefit, but it's 1400.00 USD. The chassis needs nothing, the brakes are more than adequate. If Polestar came up with a supplemental tune, I'd be on that in a blink. Every thing I did to my other Volvo's, Polestar has already done.

#5 · (Edited)
I'm in agreement with all if the above. Spent about $25K on modz to my AMG. Won't do that again - this car starts at such a higher level - but would do a Stage II tune, if Polestar provides it.

Only real mod I still want are body modz; roll the rear fender lips and add roof rails.

#10 ·
For the simple reason that although the car is fun in day to day situations it isn't particularly fast. Main reason being that the engine is totally out of breath after 5K rpm.
Don't think 400 is in there.

It would be wiser to offer an official factory or Polestar update to let the engine reach it's power using RON 95 gasoline.

#8 ·
I also spent a chunk on my last Volvo, K16 Turbo, KW V2 coil overs, DP, 3"cat back, FMIC, 550cc injectors, brakes, spec 3+ clutch, SMF, body kit, wheels, meth injection, sway bar, strut bar, custom intake and inlet, Enem cams, etc. The tune was never right, I must have had 10 revisions, great when it ran right, but too many issues. I also thought never again, that's one of the reasons the Polestar was so appealing, someone already did it all.

#9 ·
I was referred to a volvo tuner in the area who specializes in volvos. So I'm going to swing by soon and hopefully get some ideas. I don't want to be that idiot who goes out and tunes my car right away then blows a transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
The only visual improvements would be a lower and wider stand. Both is not possible because it would ruin the cars perfect balance/handling. The only technical improvement would be more power. But people always want more power so actually it is pointless ;-)
Other than these things, the car is absolutely perfect!

#13 ·
Yep need a custom quick connect hitch.

I like the black scuff protectors on the door bottoms Chris did. Then a very light gunmetal on the wheels. Done.

#14 ·
For better or worse I've never left a vehicle stock, the Polestar poses an interesting problem, what would you change? Maybe a free flow AF, have you pulled out the stock AF, it's huge, 3" pleated paper with a 1/2 layer of foam on the bottom, looks pretty restrictive, then again, nothings getting past that behemoth. A Ferrita 3 1/2"
DP with a less restrictive 200 cel cat could easily add 10+ HP and 12+ TQ, quicker spool up and a little better top end. That will be one of my first changes. I love the look of a staggered set-up, probably won't do that. I won't mess with anything related to handling,chassis, software. Paint the wheels titanium, and call it a day.

#16 ·
Here is my prediction. It will get the supplemental tune, but the caveat will demand higher octane. This thing is neutered with typical 91 US fuel.

I just couldn't do the down pipe. This thing sounds incredible. A DP will ruin it unless you have hearing damage.

#17 ·
IDK a ceramic coated, titanium wrapped DP won't add much sound, a little deeper perhaps.

#18 ·
I guess I should qualify, if you do the DP AND change the cat, then it will be obnoxious. If the stock cat stays it will be fine. Don't know what that would mean for net flow gain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.