SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestars with mud flaps?

19K views 51 replies 16 participants last post by  m8o 
#1 ·
Anyone installed mud flaps?
Somehow is seems appropriate for the V60P. Probably since I had them on my V70R.:rolleyes:

#3 ·
i know the car is gone. would you happen to have any pics that show them off that you could post here or link to? Thanx.

This post has been deleted
#8 ·
Had xtra clear bra added behind front wheels and long strips on the slanted portion behind the rear wheels
They also put a piece on the bumper area of the cargo door
Rainy in NorCal today , will attempt to take pics
Cargo area on bumper
I plan to do similar clear bra additions. My 1000 mile Thanksgiving trek caused a couple chips in the front bumper cover so not sure I'll clear bra it now. :( A new front bumper cover is about the same price as a full frontal clear bra treatment.

#6 ·
those aren't stock? Seems my car came with those installed; maybe the dealership threw them in? I certainly didn't buy them or ask for them to be installed.

#9 ·
Thanks! Did you install them yourself?

#14 ·
I had front and rear mud flaps installed, and it does not detract from the cars looks at all, they're very discrete....I also had clear bra installed, on the entire front end, entire hood, and fenders, because I had the entire panels done, I don't have the edge lines of the clear bra running across the middle of the hood....they had to specially cut the entire thing, as there is no 'pattern' available.

#15 ·
Who did your clear bra installation?

#16 ·
I really like the mud flaps. Bummer the rears don't fit the V as I like the back better.

#17 ·

Here's a view of the rear mud flaps on my V60RD; if you were looking for a better angle M80.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

#34 · (Edited)
Which part number are your V60 rear mud flaps,
31359695 or 31359685?
Thanks.

#18 ·
Thank you. Was just going by what122Sport said, seemed to imply that they did not fit the rears of the V60. Thrilled they do. It's a must have for me with the wider winter wheel set.

#23 ·
Yea I was skeptical at first but pulled the trigger and they look fantastic. I normally color match my Volvo mud flaps but decided that the black looks fantastic against the red.

#22 ·
Paint them the car color, looks great!
My 99 T5M and those were MUCH larger

#25 · (Edited)
Found this little ratchet wrench at Sears for about $10.00
My #25 torx bit fits perfectly.
Now I can install my mud flaps without removing the rear wheels!

#27 ·
What mud flap part numbers, front and rear, did you all use for your Polestars?
Thanks.

#35 · (Edited)
Here are the two V60P rear mud flaps and part numbers I believe are being considered and used.

The 2015 V60 rear mud flap accessory p/n 313595685 does not fit our Polestar diffuser trim without significant modification.

It appears to me that p/n 313595695 fits properly.
Confirmation from PurDrive07 and others would be great.

#36 · (Edited)
Rear Diffuser Different between S60 and V60?

Looking at where the rear diffuser ends near the wheel, on my car it is almost flush at that point.

On the picture of the V60 it appears that the diffuser is offset from the body by about a half inch. I did not have to notch my mudflaps to fit.

#37 ·
I didn't have to do any special notching on the mud flap. From the look of your picture something seems odd, like your diffuser is not aligned properly. I just ordered the rear mud flaps that were tied to my VIN. Here's a close up:

I don't remember the P/N and I don't have time to pop them off right now to see.

#38 ·
That is exactly how my rear mudguard looks on my RD P*. No need for notching them. The instructions does not mention anything about having to trim the guard for the installation.

#40 · (Edited)
TexasV60P,

But you did a pretty amazing job modding yours and getting them to fit.

p.s. But it looks like the part ending in 695 will require some modding too. It looks like the cut-out is in a different place. Just less. cutting it seems.

#41 ·
TexasV60P,

But you did a pretty amazing job modding yours and getting them to fit.

p.s. But it looks like the part ending in 695 will require some modding too. It looks like the cut-out is in a different place. Just less. cutting it seems.
Thanks, and you're correct: 31359695 will not work at all, so I'll keep my modified ones. They worked great during last nights rain.:thumbup:

#44 · (Edited)
No, I drew out the pattern and used some tin shears - very heavy duty scissors.

#45 ·
Still wont fit the S60 P :(
That's odd, because Minimal_RCS installed mud flaps on his S60P and they look good, even with the optional leaves:p:

#48 ·
#50 ·
+1, I'm lucky though my daughter wanted mine, and we have a deal, when she's ready for a new car, I'm getting first option on buy back!

I just had a look at the rear mudflaps on my P*, which were fitted by the dealer prior to delivery, and they've definitely been 'trimmed' to fit...so from that assumption, there is no design that fits perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.