SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

more Polestar V60/S60s to come in 2016???

4K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Warpedcow 
#1 ·
#2 ·
No, in Europe, there IS coming a 2016 Model as well, really not a limited model anymore. Read all the latest australian reviews, the production is no more limited. First, switzerland only got 100 V60. Now they will do at least another 10 S60 Polestar, dont know how many more V60 though.
Dont know what happens to the US.

The only thing I hope for is that there are no improvements over our 2015 model.

#3 ·
Yes, there will be more Polestar's produced; remember, there is a long term relationship in place.
Yes, these models will still be limited in numbers.

#4 ·
But this will be the only year with the 6 cylinder, subsequent years will be fours, correct?

#7 ·
My belief is a 2016 60-series Polestars will still be 6-cyl & 6-speed.

It doesn't seem that the triple forced induction engine is ready to be put into production within a 1/2 year.

And I don't think a Polestar badged car will be equipped with the current crop of 300'ish hp e-drive engine given the 2015.5 baseline they just set.

#8 · (Edited)
Obviously opinions on this depend on which country you live in.

Volvo claim to have sold all the projected run of these car. Yes, that is true in that they have sold them to their dealers in the markets where they were offered.

However those individual markets' uptake of these cars varies greatly, the Swiss bought the lot. However here in the UK it appears that at least 10 are still unsold and from that one can consider that the UK retail market does not have the interest in them for whatever reasons......

From Johann's contributions it appears they are also slow to sell in Holland, certainly in Australia too where the initial price has quietly been considerably reduced. The proprietors of this august establishment have apparently quietly assisted in selling some US stock by opening a thread for dealers to post their stock, hardly indicating that all the US allocation has rushed out of the dealers' gates.

Then what about the numbering of an apparently limited run of these cars?

If that is thought to assist in creating desirability and maintaining residuals then it can not help if more are built..... but then we saw that many years ago when customers bought the 'limited' T5R cars but were somewhat disappointed when they become subsequently limited by just how many Volvo cared to make.....

Don.

#10 ·
Obviously opinions on this depend on which country you live in.

Volvo claim to have sold all the projected run of these car. Yes, that is true in that they have sold them to their dealers in the markets where they were offered.

However those individual markets' uptake of these cars varies greatly, the Swiss bought the lot. However here in the UK it appears that at least 10 are still unsold and from that one can consider that the UK retail market does not have the interest in them for whatever reasons......

From Johann's contributions it appears they are also slow to sell in Holland, certainly in Australia too where the initial price has quietly been considerably reduced. The proprietors of this august establishment have apparently quietly assisted in selling some US stock by opening a thread for dealers to post their stock, hardly indicating that all the US allocation has rushed out of the dealers' gates.

Then what about the numbering of an apparently limited run of these cars?

If that is thought to assist in creating desirability and maintaining residuals then it can not help if more are built..... but then we saw that many years ago when customers bought the 'limited' T5R cars but were somewhat disappointed when they become subsequently limited by just how many Volvo cared to make.....

Don.
I'm not quite sure what your agenda is or why you keep posting about a car you've quite possibly never driven. Polestars were sold out in the US, some people changed their minds, car buying is still an emotional purchase, and people do change their minds. A lucky few got cars others passed on for what ever reasons, finances, whatever, I put a deposit down in early summer, only to be told they were sold out, someone changed their mind, great, I have one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.