SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Throttle pedal Travel

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Warpedcow 
#1 ·
I've noticed on my V60P that when I floor the throttle pedal, there is a noticable hitch in the last bit of travel. It takes a little more preasure to get it all the way down. The first 95% of the travel is smooth. I'm new to Volvo's so i don't know if this is just the way things are, or if there is something down there snagging the pedal. I haven't given it a look yet. Has anyone else noticed this?

#2 ·
That's the "kick-down" location. The car will downshift to the lowest possible gear to get max power.

The 95% down will get you WOT in the gear you are in if in manual mode, the last part will downshift if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
That's the "kick-down" location. The car will downshift to the lowest possible gear to get max power.

The 95% down will get you WOT in the gear you are in if in manual mode, the last part will downshift if possible.
Correct. Every P3 platform Volvo has this. Some of the P2 and P1 cars might as well (I don't recall).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.