SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

I not only saw one of you today

3K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  rebelde azul 
#1 ·
I heard you first! A very nice thrumming burble at about 60mph. I was on a training ride (bicycle) north bound on 36 and a beautiful Rebel Blue S60 Polestar was heading into Boulder on 36. What a very nice looking and very nice sounding car! A rare sight here in Co. It put quite a smile on my face.

Disclosure: I am very happy V60 RD owner who wants a Polestar. :) Someday.

#2 ·
That's a pretty cool post coming from a fellow cyclist (used to live in Longmont actually). And "thrumming burble" is the best description I've heard yet, despite the ambiguous nature. I love it in the cabin and I sure would like to hear it from the other perspective.

#3 ·
This post put a smile on my face.

Don't worry teampitbull ... just a few years of waiting and they'll be a lot cheaper on the 2ndary market. I hope not -too- cheap ... but, who am I kidding. I can buy an old MB 560SL off eBay for less than what I got when I traded my Mini JCW in for this Polestar. That's the truth. I know. 'Cuz I did it.

#4 ·
I just got my RD and love it! :) I am going to force myself to wait until the 60-series redesign and not get into '16 Polestar model.

#5 ·
I grew up Denver/Boulder and rode why 36 many times; it's part of my favorite loop: Boulder to Peak-to-peak, then down Boulder Canyon. I wish I lived there for the ppl, the skiing, and of course the killer canyon roads to drive.

Enjoy and be safe.

#6 ·
So I was in the drive up atm line when a light blue volvo sedan pulled up behind me on Wedensday. I thought "no way" AND pulled forward. Sure enough it was a Polestar sold here in Idaho. I got out to ask the guy how he liked it. Here is his EXACT response.

"I bought it because my wife liked the color, it is her car. I drive a 997 because it's a better car".

I was floored. I just walked to my car and drove away in disgust.

#9 ·
So I was in the drive up atm line when a light blue volvo sedan pulled up behind me on Wedensday. I thought "no way" AND pulled forward. Sure enough it was a Polestar sold here in Idaho. I got out to ask the guy how he liked it. Here is his EXACT response.

"I bought it because my wife liked the color, it is her car. I drive a 997 because it's a better car".

I was floored. I just walked to my car and drove away in disgust.
I agree with you 100%. He should've got one of those newer mustangs that is a blue of similar hue, or go have a paint job on something else and leave the Polestar for one of us who would appreciate it! Yikes, just for the color....

#8 ·
Too funny, someone buy's a limited edition S60P in RB for their wife because she likes the color? A 997 is a different car, not a "better" one. Not to take anything away from a 911, but I wouldn't want one, and price has absolutely nothing to do with it.

#10 ·
Gents,

I think you need to take comments like these with a grain of salt. You do not know this lady, quite a few ladies are enthusiasts and there is a good chance that this Volvo owner could be one of them. On the other hand, this gentleman sounded like he looked down at his wife's car simply because his car was a Porsche and hers was a Volvo. So be it. I would not be surprised if this Polestar owner got the car for more reasons than just the color; you do not just drop over $60K on a car simply because of the color. I am willing to hedge that she did a "little bit" of research and appreciated what this car had to offer and more than just its color. :cool:

#11 ·
Re-post, with a twist, in our case wife's color of choice "Mexico Blue", her car 06 997s tiptronic,as for the "polestar v60 Rebel Blue", the color was the draw to the car for both of us , the perc's of a modern 2015.5 performance based car with the creature features has moved this purchase to "omg" status what a treasure,I drive the polestar as a daily, she drives her 997s , when running errands together,the multi purpose uses of "the wagon" are unique, power ,storage,cabin technology, comfort.
Friends and family say " you bought a Volvo ", we giggle and she says "it's slick", they know her love of slick cars
--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.