SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Macan S vs. V60 P* price comparison

5K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  madden 
#1 ·
Dunno if anyone went thru the tedious task of pricing out a Macan S with every comparable option our cars come with selected. But just an fyi for those that haven't and was wondering... The Macan priced out at a tad over $80K USD. :eek: :screwy: I'll add I only selected comparable options. I did not select any other superfluous option that can be equipped, of which there are many.

I also thought when buying this P* I was paying for 'stuff' I did not want, in that our Polestar star is loaded with every option. Aside from the Sirrus I think I won't keep after the 6mo trial, and having used most every safety and comfort option I have, I can say I appreciate having every one of them now that I have them.

#2 ·
Macan turbo is over 100K with everything

#3 ·
I briefly shopped a Macan S when I was told (incorrectly) that I would not be getting a Polestar. I had one reasonably equipped by about 65K, granted it was not equipped the same as the Polestar.

#6 ·
Interesting to me that the Macan is the car that seems to be most often cross shopped against the P*. An SUV seems like a very different ride and would appeal to different people then a wagon but then I have never seen one so don't know.

#7 ·
Was told by a Porsche guy the handling would be on par. So yeah I cross shopped them. I also came out just a shade over $80k.

#8 ·
There a lot of thing's to like about the Macan, it was the vehicle I would have bought if I hadn't been lucky enough to get the V60P. I actually had a build order in for a Macan, because I didn't think I would be able to procure a V60P . As thing's turned out I was able to get a V60P and cancelled the order for the Macan, same dealer, they sell Volvo, Audi and Porsche, so they didn't care. They are two completely different vehicles, not to take anything away from the Macan, it's an awesome SUV, but it's not in the same league handling-wise as the Polestar. The Macan is way beyond it's direct competition, it's brethren SQ5, Lexus RX, Infinity, etc. as a performance SUV. Porsche will probably sell a lot of them. It was my second choice, I am so glad I got my first choice, the Polestar.

#9 ·
I think you can get a nice Macan S, with 14 way sports seats, PASM, a few other goodies, forgetting the nav etc, for about $57k.
$60k if you want a little more luxury. You are still limiting yourself. With Polestar it includes pretty much everything. But they drive differently. I cross shopped with Audi Q5 TDI, GLA-45, PS and R-D, as well as Macan S. If you want to spend $60k, PS is it. If you want to spend $50k, either R-D or Q5.
I haven't decided yet. Still testdriving. MB dealer let me drive GLA-45 on a 25mph rd and then a 40mph road. Wouldn't let me on highway or open her up a little. Said they were insured only for specific route with low speed limits. A bit strange really.

#10 ·
I also had a Macan Turbo on order when I was unsure of the status of the p*. Built equivalent to the p*, the car was almost $100k. I feel like the p* is a better value, will hopefully have a better residual, handles better, is really comfortable, and did I mention handles really, really well. The Macan was fun to drive, but the P* is ridiculously amazing.

When I cancelled the Macan order, the sales guy asked what I was getting. When I mentioned the p*, his colleague overheard, and quickly came over to talk about it. The Porsche guys want to see the p* and to take it for a test drive. ;).

Some may question why, or not understand the p*, but once they drive in it, or hear it, they are pretty impressed. We are all visionaries. :)

#12 ·
Because many people want some kind of AWD utility vehicle, either a wagon or a SUV, and still desire performance and there are limited choices in a performance wagon in the States, Audi Avant, no, BMW, no, Cadillac, RWD, Acura, no,etc. So, that is why I and others with like needs, cross shop a Macan and a V60P. I prefer a wagon, but there is a paucity of choices here. The V60RD is very close, but it is not what a Polestar is. I would have ended up modding a V60RD if I had bought one, rear sway, DP, cat back, FMIC, brakes, wheels, etc. and that would have been an expensive proposition. The Polestar is complete right out of the box, fully loaded,and really a bargain for what you get over a fully loaded V60RD. Better yet all the Polestar upgrades are under full factory warranty, a heavily modded V60RD would not be.

#13 ·
Well said!

For a two box design, reaching the upper limits of performance I'd be happy with [implying something covered by factory warranty I would not feel I need to mod], we have the Macan, Audi SQ5 (all the same (+) and (-) of the Macan but doesn't quite achieve its level of performance nor look as good), GLA45 AMG (too small/tight, not too pretty, other negatives), and not much else I'd consider for something I can load-up and travel with comfortably and still rip-up the roads; at least here in the USA.

#14 ·
+1, Agreed, and an E63 AMG Wagon is just not currently cost effective...uh, affordable:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.