SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar rims

15K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  pinotfanbg 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere on this forum, however I was curious to ask about the beautiful Polestar rims. I'm aware that there are two types, one is more like a gunmetal finish and seen on the 2012 S60 Polestar Concept featured in Australia, and the other is a silver finish fitted on the new 2015 V60/S60 Polestar sedan/wagon. Does anyone have a part number for these wheels and if so could you please post it below? They should be printed on the inside of the rims if you're taking off the wheel to change a tyre and whatnot.

Please let me know as I would like to get my hands on one of these rims as a bit of a souvenir of some sort.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Tried looking it up on a few Volvo OEM websites. No luck, seems almost like a random number rather than an actual part number. If anyone else is jacking up their car for whatever reason, it would be much appreciated if they could look on the back of the rims too!

#5 ·
Do you have a link for that? Sorry, I'm new to the forum...

#6 ·
#7 ·
Hi Chris, thanks for the help! Still learning to use the forum. I believe we talked via email about adding my Instagram to my signature, what do you think? I really need new colours for it lol. Will look at the thread now, thanks!

#11 · (Edited)
It's the wrong width.

The P uses an unusually narrow (for the diameter) 8" rim. Read the winter wheel thread to find out what happens when you use the BBS wheel.

19" or 20" wheels would normally never be narrower than 8.5" and probably 9" width. The underlying S/V60 was obviously never designed to have this big a wheel on it and the resulting narrowness requirement means all sorts of tires are not available due to the weird sizes; next to no wheels are available; you can't plus size the tires (if one wanted to) because the 245's are as wide as you can fit on this car (and on an 8" rim).

#12 ·
I've been eyeing these rims for a while too. They look great, but I'm not actually going to use them for my car, I just want one to hang on my wall to complete my Volvo rim collection perhaps. They're also pretty cheap for a wheel in Australia (I know its on tirerack in America), but shipping to Australia may cost a ton.

#13 ·
Yes, I know they are wider at 8.5 versus 8 inches. Tire Rack says they will fit and they did have a car into the shop for measurements to confirm what will work. I'm counting on the minus sizing 19" and the slightly smaller 235/40/R19 tire to give me just a bit more room so that it does not rub. I should have them on next week so I will let you know how they fit.

#14 ·
I'm counting on the minus sizing 19" and the slightly smaller 235/40/R19 tire to give me just a bit more room so that it does not rub.
Which 235/40R19 XL rated snow tire are you going to mount on them?

#15 · (Edited)
Well TR offered an SL Michelin Alpin tire in this size. When I questioned the rep he admitted it was a mistake and that an XL tire in the 235/40R19 size is not available to them. So they are taking everything back and canceling the sale. Back to square one and the Polestar package for winter tires. It's only $1,000 additional for the Polestar package. It looks like we have no choice in the US if we want winter tires. Good thing they were not installed yet.

#16 ·
There is a Pirelli Winter 270 Sottozero Serie II available in 235/40R19 XL from 1010 Tires in Canada. It is expensive and you would have to pay a fee to ship it to the U.S. Maybe there is someone out there who could source the tire for us here in the U.S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.