SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

S60 Polestar vs. 435i gran coupe

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Johann 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
There is not much tu say, I think, we don't know.....
He likes the P's sound, the color; the suspension is hard, but nod to hard, still has comfort; Auto is shifting fast, but not superfast; car is well balanced, and of course the P is safer in the winter (tested BMW is RWD); very nice made interior, seat position a bit high
The BMW has better steering response (now one does it better), the engine also has faster respons, because it's a twin turbo (I would say because it has a 8 speed auto, with shorter gears); faster 8 gear auto; interior ok, but not different to regular Models, like done in the P.
If he would have to decide alongside the road, not knowing anything, he would go for the P.... but he knows... more, including measurement, in the paper version of AutoWeek.

#5 ·
I think Tom summed it up pretty accurate.

Didn't read the printed review but in the comments someone says that the BMW won the contest but only marginal. Keep in mind that the price tag of the S60 in the Netherlands is basically to high for what is being offered and this weighs heavily in the verdict.
The video starts with the comment that they didn't choose the M3 because they believe that car is in a different league. 80 HP difference with the Polestar while the 435 only has 45 HP less but should perform similar as the Polestar. Price difference almost 25K Euro's between the BMW and the P.

For the Netherlands the T6 engine's pollution numbers add nearly double the tax compared to the BMW. Has gone up January 1 this year btw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.