SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar Crossbars....I dont think they'd look too bad...?

6K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Azlkk 
#1 ·
I've seen these on S60s, S80s, and a few C30s, and I think they look fine. I think they'd look even better on a wagon

See less See more
#9 ·
I think I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy this setup. Was going to do the suction cup bike mount but that doesn't help me for the occasional time that I take my car skiing instead of our SUV. My dealer has an S60 with this mounted in the showroom for the past 4 months and the weatherstriping around the door is only modestly deformed so I don't think that will be an issue.

Looks wise I agree the V60 looks better without it. My legacy gt had factory rails so the rack itself was lower profile and I thought looked really good on the car so I kept it year round. I really wish we could mount the factory rails....oh well.

#15 ·
When you bike every weekend its foolish not to leave them on. And for what its worth, it's not at all rare to see them on cars in Israel or Ireland.

#17 ·
I'm not sure about cornering, but I do know that bikes can stay on the roof at 125 mph.

#27 ·
You should be able to get a bike in easily enough. I've been shoving my XL Santa Cruz Tallboy in all sorts of smallish rental cars like VW Golfs, Mazda 3s and Opel Astras that have fold down rear seats. Front wheel comes off but that's all, though a dropper seatpost does help too.

#29 ·
I always load the back end in first, its easier to maneuver the fork in that way. Front wheel gets set on top of the front triangle.

#32 ·
I'm guessing 720-750mm, don't have a tape over here. They're Easton EC70 carbon that came on the bike.

When loaded the bars lay horizontal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.