SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What do you do with your *FAV button?

8K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  Marc Collins 
#1 ·
This is a test P* people... ;)

#6 ·
Does that work if you have Navi/Radio/Media active? How if so. I only notice a selection specific to each of those modes.

#13 ·
Yes, Moose, you got the right answer :)

The official instructions say that My Car FAV is possible, just as Media, etc., but people are having difficulty getting it to work (other models). Burying the traction control setting deep in the menu instead of having a separate external button (like every pedestrian, boring car out there has) would only be excusable if you could use FAV to activate it with one button.

#17 ·
I work for Momentum Volvo....I should know this, but there are plenty of smarter people here so I learn just as much from you guys.

Honestly, we just do not get enough seat time in these cars to figure out the small things like this. I know how to set it up for media, but this would be much more useful for polestar cars

I have delivered the final v60p that we are getting but I'm still going to play with the other cars to see if there are other hidden options it can be set to

#18 ·
It would be nice if this worked. I took a quick look at it this morning, but didn't see any option for setting the *fav button in the My Car menu. The ideal solution would be a software update that would allow one of the blank buttons on the center stack to turn of the ESC, maybe the button just above the park assist, so you wouldn't have to go into the menu.

#20 ·
Moose, are you saying you cannot get any MyCar setting to attach to FAV in a regular S/V60? According to the manuals, that is 100% doable on any Volvo that uses that system. Whether the traction control reduction/sport mode on the P* is specifically locked-out is another question. But if it doesn't work at all, then the Volvo literature is all wrong. Is it not in everyone's instruction manuals?

#26 ·
Because I agree it is a major annoyance on this particular car, I initially asked if it could be programmed to be set to off by default, since it is still and well on even in that setting, but no. That's more understandable to me than preventing the FAV button assignment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.