SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

S60 racing machine

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Mrsideways 
#1 ·
#3 ·
#5 ·
They did use that turbo housing but they reworked each of them just like everything else on that car. If anyone has any questions about these cars, feel free to come to Austin for the Pirelli World Challenge race on March 6-8 and speak with the team. Peter is more than willing to share his knowledge. Great group of guys

#6 ·
Had a friend that was a crew member for the cars early on. I was told that they stock blocks had issues past 450hp and that the blocks were "majorly" reworked.
Also I bought some a pair of the brakes used off kpax and had a nice conversation with they guy who called up to get my credit card (and mildly complain about the steal of a deal I got). But it was explained to me that the S60s were 3 times the price of the McLarens they current run. So roughly 1.5 million each based on that number.... yikes.

#7 ·
Exactly...the s60 had so many custom parts that they were 1.5 mil each...but you have to figure, they ran those cars for a long time, only reskinned for the new body style. The rear end were completely made in house and were magnificent pieces in themselves.

You purchased the brembo test brakes they had for sale last year? Those are some great 365mm brakes!

Not nearly what was on the race car but great for the street cars.

I'll have to find my photos of the cars up close to post.

#8 ·
Yep, I run the car in SCCA G-street class so the brakes are illegal to use so they are still in a box in my shed. The price was way to good to say no to. I did look up the cost of new rotor rings.... yikes. So I bought a set of carbotech pads as they are very rotor friendly. Ill put them on soon as I retire the car from autox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.