SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Am I missing something??

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  DrVolkl 
#1 ·
I can't get the lights to stay on at night when I lock the car... the option is for 30 60 or 90 seconds or whatever... everything just shuts off when I lock the car. Am I missing something? Do I have to hit the little light bulb on the remote to get them to work? I thought they'd stay on automatically.

#2 ·
Yup. After turning it off, flash the highbeams. It stys on for 30 seconds (and notice in the dash that it is doing this)

I take no credit. I learned it from a poster on here talking about things he loved. :)

#5 ·
Ok, so it's a manual thing. That makes no sense... I mean, if you set it for 30secs or 90 or off... well, wouldn't you want it to do that every time?

Weird little quirk. Thanks for the heads up!
I think it makes perfect sense. It is wasteful to have the lights stay on automatically when you don't need it, why place the draw on the system all the time? I appreciate the manual option.

And the highbeams on this thing are something to behold. I'm used to beams that just light a bit further down the road. These things light up from road surface to tree top, it's awesome.

#10 ·
While my old '98 benz worked always as most would expect, it also only used the parking lights. Then, either it never worked on my loaded '09 Mini or it worked this way too and I never realized it. I'm betting on the latter. And now that I know, I like it better this way, where I select the use on demand. ... as long as we're all voting. :D

#11 ·
So just to clarify... I select how long I want these lights to stay on when I lock the car at night... but to activate them I have to hit the hi beams on my way out of the car.

This is good to know... I couldn't find it in the manual but then again I tend to skim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.