SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Are C30Ps welcome here?

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  chris@swedespeed 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I've been away from Swedespeed for a while and was delighted to see this subforum now that I'm back. I jumped the gun a few years ago and bought a C30 Polestar (#203, below together with my 1800ES) but now am lusting after the V60P.

Any other C30P owners here?

Lev

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice car; other than the V60 R-design that I am driving now, the C30 R-design (exactly like yours, 6-speed manual) was the best Volvo company car I have ever had.

By the way, your car is not a Polestar but an R-design therefore you should probably post in the appropriate forum.

#3 ·
Thanks GrecianVolvo. It sounds like you don't consider the Polestar-badged C30 R-Designs to be proper Polestars. These C30s have relatively minor suspension upgrades and have Polestar ECU tune but otherwise are stock. So I could see how they're not quite as distinct from the regular R-Design line as are the S/V60Ps. Still a very fun ride, though.

#4 ·
The C30PLE basically belongs in this forum yes. The X60P is also not much more than some interior, exterior and suspension upgrades and an ECU tune...
But this forum is mainly about those 60's and not the C30 which has only been a limited run for the US market.

#6 ·
Manual, the last of its kind :(

#7 · (Edited)
Johann, I think there are a few C30s in Australia with the same configuration as the US C30 PLE but, yes, it was a very small run. I have heard that there are several specimens of the original C30 Polestar AWD prototype, though this thread seems to say there is only one. I presume it (or they) remain in Polestar's hands.

#9 ·
Thanks, that's my first Volvo, a dream car since I was a kid.

#11 ·
They left out the one upgrade that would have changed from a .... "ah whatever" car .... to a .... "oh **** I gotta get one" car. A true Mechanical Limited Slip diff (and ability to turn off the nannies).

#12 · (Edited)
diondejong94, check out the Volvo P1800 community on Google Plus for more pics.

#13 ·
Yeah, AWD would have been insane. But does any Volvo have mechanical LSD? I thought Haldex is electronically controlled.

#14 ·
Yeah, AWD would have been insane.
A wrecked V50 can help the C30 become AWD. I'm sure someone in Europe has attempted this conversion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.