SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

S60 Polestar build inconsistencies? Not performance related.

8K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  laundrypers 
#1 ·
Hello,

My apologies if this is a little long. So I have a couple questions about your vehicle delivery set ups. I've owned the S60 P* #13 for almost 6 months now and they went by almost as fast as the car goes. But I've noticed a few things "missing"? Of course I didn't notice these things when I initially picked up the car, I suppose I should be literally looking over every little thing when I get my next car. Lesson learned.

So according to page 22 of the Polestar brochure, the luggage compartment is supposed to come equipped with a 12v outlet and the grocery bag holder included. Mine doesn't. See first image below. The grocery bag holder would have come in handy a few times already and definitely when I was transporting a case of beer for a friend when the case slid in the trunk and 2 bottles exploded. Not fun cleaning that up. I swear I wasn't driving aggressively, the trunk liner is just really slick. Seriously, that trunk liner is really slick.

Of course I didn't learn of the missing 12v outlet until I needed to inflate a rear tire punctured by a screw, so I logically went into the trunk looking for the outlet but couldn't find it. Later found out that the fuse location in the trunk assigned to the 12v outlet is empty. No fuse, no connection to put a fuse into.

Also, I saw that my fellow Nevadan user Penguin uploaded images of his rear brakes painted (looking much better than my unpainted rusty rears), but I noticed his pads have the Volvo logo versus the Brembo logo'd rear pads on mine. See second image. Granted Penguin owns the V60 and not the S60 but I just assumed they'd have the same brake pads. Anyone else not have the Brembo rear pads?

And now I guess I'll be super picky but at the 2'45" mark on this video the reviewer pops the trunk and you'll notice for a split second that it has the warning triangle kit installed. (Orange rectangle) Anyone in the US get one on delivery?

That's all my nitpicking for now. I still love my P* and it's rapidly become my daily driver. It's just if I ever need service it will be a long drive. We have 1 local dealer in Vegas and Ive stopped by twice just to ask a few questions and both times I've left really uncomfortable with their knowledge of the Polestar. So I suppose Phoenix, I'll be heading your way for service?

See less See more
1 2
#6 ·
The polestar brochure did say that it would come with factory tint on the V60 for the rear side doors and cargo area, found under the climate section. On multiple occasions, I have missed the privacy glass feature when leaving bulky items in my cargo area.

#11 ·
I've yet to hear of a V60 delivered with Brembo pads in the Rear. I asked the question in the Polestar Official thread. We shall see what they say. I also have the 12V installed just as a reference. I'm personally not a fan of tints, so I'm not upset about them not being there. I completely understand why others would be.

#15 ·
Ok so far what I'm getting is that there is in fact a little inconsistency beyond just my S60. Everyone that replied that they have the 12v outlet and grocery bag holder were all V60 owners so it seems like the V60's didn't miss out on those. But the brakes on V60's are mostly Volvo branded except rebelde azul who does have Brembo branded brake pads.

I've reached out to my sales person even though it has been a few months since I've taken ownership of the vehicle to see if maybe he could find out why the inconsistency. I mean they are doing another run of these vehicles so these inconsistencies could be a talking point for future sales.

#17 · (Edited)
Where is it stated that rear brake pads are Brembo?

In any case, Polestar's answer is acceptable, at least to me:

"A section of the production got a euro spec Volvo rear pad due to shortage of Brembo pads. There is no difference in performance, just the brand. The cars with the Volvo rear pad will get the Brembo pad at the next service."

#18 ·
I will have to do a little searching but all of the Marketing material spoke about the brake package as full Brembo setups in the front with upgraded Brembo pads in the rear. While I appreciate their quick response, I'm not fully satisfied. I already figured it was a production shortage. My issue is that if there is no performance difference like they claim, then why would they use the Brembo pad in the first place.

#24 ·
Well it's definitely interesting. And all three photos of the brake pads show different shapes and model numbers. But I guess it's not a big deal since they're on the rears right? It probably doesn't make a huge difference in overall stopping power since the fronts do a majority of the braking. I am curious if they all wear down at roughly the same rate though.

#25 · (Edited)
I am curious if they all wear down at roughly the same rate though.
Others will probably confirm that the front pads will wear out at least twice as fast as the rear pads.

#27 ·
Now this is interesting:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#34 ·
I am going to check my Canadian S60P in storage to see if I have any of those items and what pads for fun....I discovered Hawk pads for my 04 S60R years ago and they are the best thing I have ever found...they last almost forever, no dust and don't cut up rotors and have no stopping complaints...same pads on front as some Porsche or Lambo I think they told me and are on rear as well. Love them but if had to give a negative they sometimes squeal for 1 or 2 stops only when the cold weather arrives but then fine and then again in Spring...seems to be in only a certain temperature range 32 to 40ish Just my 2 cents info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.