SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Keyless Entry Failure

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Johann 
#1 ·
This morning the keyless entry system on my car failed. You could not unlock the door (or lock) by the normal means. I had to resort to the unlock button on the keyfob.

Any ideas?

#4 ·
Was your finger wet? I found it to be hit or miss when moisture entered the picture. I no longer expect it to work 100% of the time.

#6 ·
Everybody is probably on to something with the moisture theory. I remember the first time I was washing my car and I had actually locked the doors when I was spraying it down. The doors were freaking out anytime water touched the handles and I happened to be close by with the key in my pocket. I was a bit surprised they were that sensitive to water.

#7 ·
I had this same thing happen. I started keeping me keys out of my pocket when washing the car. I wasn't sure if it was water touching the handles or just the pressure of the water touching the handle.

#9 ·
Apparently it's a connector in the door. Mine stopped working and I called the dealer and they told me it was common and it was a connector in the door. I haven't had a chance to get it into them yet. They won't give me a loaner for a minor fix and I haven't had a 2nd vehicle for a couple months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.