SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar oil levels

8K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  P50GT 
#1 ·
10,050 miles
1st oil change at 2,100 miles dip stick full bars

At 10,050 dip stick at down 2 bars

#3 ·
You should probably change your oil sooner than every 8k miles!

Turbo cars, especially high performance turbo cars USE oil.

#4 ·
You should probably change your oil sooner than every 8k miles!

Turbo cars, especially high performance turbo cars USE oil.
My V70R was every 3K miles.
V60P will be the same.;)

#6 ·
Evaluating the t6 oil usage
10k dealer service is on tues
Lead tech has worked there 18 yrs

Waiting to see what down 2 bars equals in volume
Where are you getting the service done?

#8 ·
Probably close to half a quart. But why would you go 8k miles between changes..?

Take better care of that bad boy cuz it could be mine one day when I start lookin for one in a few years

#9 ·
Probably close to half a quart. But why would you go 8k miles between changes..?

Take better care of that bad boy cuz it could be mine one day when I start lookin for one in a few years
The Volvo and Polestar guidelines for Service intervals are every 10,000 miles. Engines and motor oils have changed and do not require 3k changes anymore unless oil is being burned. All US cars at least, are under Maintenance plans, so will only be serviced during these intervals. If Volvo finds out that these cars are burning oil quicker, than we will need to petition to get the service intervals updated.

#12 ·
You say that like Volvo doesn't know their cars have Turbos. My Subaru got changed every 3,750 b/c that's what Subaru recommended on their Turbo cars. Volvo has both standard and extended warranties to worry about.

#18 ·
Hahaha the car will tell you when it needs the oil changed....

Does anyone know how maintenance works anymore? If you wait for it to become a problem, the damage is done. Maintain your investment and you'll never have a single issue. 10k is too long. 3-5k max for a turbocharged car unless you want pcv issues down the road.

#13 ·
Wait till the Volvo recommendation service interval for everything for the whole car's life and see what happens..

And it's not really burning money. Maybe if you get it done at the dealer it is, but it costs $40 to do an oil change with synthetic. Good assurance on a 60k car I think

#15 ·
"Hi P50GT,

We recommend to follow the Volvo oil change schedule, there is no difference in oil consumption compared to the T6 R-Design.

Kind regards,
Polestar"

Looks like it is going to be 10,000 mile Servicing for me.

#17 ·
this was a test , change the factory oil ( hint of preservation ) at 2,100 miles
wheel rotation too ,
that cost with supplied oil ( me)
was 91 dollars

after service tomorrow (10 k freebie)

i will get the tech's opine

maybe a 5 k cycle

I pay for every other one

#24 ·
Okay, so it seems pretty universal that the actual people who own the P*'s are going to follow the recommended scheduled maintenance for our cars. Like intelligent car owners we will be sure to check the level of oil and all fluids, but over time this should prove to be largely unnecessary since these systems are all electronically monitored. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

#26 ·
I am not implying that I am more knowledgeable than the engineers behind the car. What I am saying is that even with low miles, these engines will sludge uo and have pcv issues. How do I know? Because I replace PCV systems constantly and have to dig out the drain ports into the oil pans. All because of these extended oil change intervals. Oil and filters haven't changed, why has the interval? Either way...it puts more money in my pocket so I guess more power to ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.