SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

TPMS?

10K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  MDicnMan 
#1 ·
TPMS for our Polestars?

#4 ·
Had a warning twice so far. First warning said left tire while it had slightly higher pressure than right tire.
Second warning was on a longer trip to the north of holland where a warning came on when entering the north provence. Since I didn't notice any difference I drove on and the message disappeared. On the way back the message came on again at the same stretch of road and disappeared the moment I exited the north provence.. Check pressure later on and was 100% OK.

#7 ·
Same for me. I've never had a warning and cannot find it in "Settings" as described in the V60 owner's manual.

#8 ·
We had a cold spell here about a month back and i checked the tire pressures. The fronts were down about 4 psi, no warning light. I'm not sure how low they need to be before there is a warning light, but apparently 4 psi isn't enough.

#9 ·
I agree, where is it? and will be taking it up with my dealer.

The manual shows where it should be in the menu. It is not there. How then do we monitor and reset it?

Basically wasted $250 or whatever ut was when I got my winter setup from the tire rack.

#11 ·
My standard V60 manual shows me where the tpms options and config should be. Check yours, and try and find it.

#15 · (Edited)
In-car Owner's Manual

But the TPMS icon appears during systems check, when starting the engine. So I presume it works.
I'm going to lower the pressure of one tire for a test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 · (Edited)
Lowered right rear tire air pressure from 36 to 28.
Drove around the block.

Refilled the tire to 36, started the engine and the TPMS warning was cleared. :thumbup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This post has been deleted
#21 ·
As TexasV60P showed, the system comes on as showing all tires low when one is low. I had a screw in my passenger rear that was causing a 10psi drop every 2 weeks or so, and the TPMS would come on as shown above. Went to dealer and had the tire patched, and have not had an issue since. But as many state above, it does not have a "calibration" feature in the menus (as far as i can tell) as the XC60 does. Odd considering this is supposed to come with all the bells and whistles!!

#23 ·
+1

It may be old school, but paying attention to tire pressures is part of driving. Especially with a performance car and low profile tires. These monitors are an expensive and inevitably problematic technology. It will need to be reset, recalibrated, moved, re-installed, or re-purchased more than once in your car's life.

And the problem is not with the concept, but as usual, the implementation of it by various manufacturers with their proprietary ways.

#25 ·
Have to concur with TexasV60P, as our 2015.5 V60 Plat. "My V60" display looks exactly like his post #15. Nowhere can we find any link to TPMS as described in the owner's manual. Curiously enough, when using the iPad Volvo On Call app, we can see the icon and tire pressure condition ("green") under Dashboard>Warnings>Tire Pressure. Haven't as yet contacted dealer about this, but it remains a mystery that TP cannot be accessed through any of the menus or submenus under "My V60".

#27 · (Edited)
I have a question regarding the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) and how it apparently is not common to all Polestar vehicles depending on what country to vehicle is delivered to.

Like others, I have been scouring the P* forum threads to learn as much as I can about my new 2015.5 V60 P* (delivered recently in Calgary Alberta Canada). One of my searches has been about whether or not my car has TPMS. The V60 (generic) manual that comes with the car talks about either of two systems being installed . The manual describes how to access the system, recalibrate and monitor it.
After reviewing all kinds of threads, I have noted that others have had difficulty as well finding anything in the P*'s instrumentation about it. I finally gave up and asked my dealer who advised me that Volvos delivered in Canada (Polestars included) are not equipped with TPMS due to "cold weather extremes and temp fluctuations." I found that hard to believe given where the P8's "Nordic" roots where the cars come from and how they are engineered. I also heard that US delivered cars do have it in the P*.

Canadian dealers tell me that the new XC90 may have TPMS but they were not sure.

Can anyone offer some clarity on the status of TPMS for Canadian Polestar cars and the rationale for them not being equipped with the system for summer - - or winter tire and wheel combos?

#30 ·
I think it was confirmed we all have it; drop a tire's pressure to 30 psi or lower and we should all get an alert message. We just don't get the management & calibration screen. Which is weird; we'll need that at sone point won't we?

#31 · (Edited)
Has anyone figured this out On the 2015.5 V60 plat? Clearly the manual is wrong And I cannot get the TPMS light to clear. With my dealer being two and a half hours away this is kind of a pain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.