SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Front Licence Plate Bracket

10K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  JAM2 
#1 ·
Discussed in other threads briefly, but two questions (as delivery date gets ever-closer):

1) Does the bracket at the front involve drilling (destroying) the bumper cover?

2) If answer to #1 is yes, are there any alternative brackets?

I will have to ponder risk of warning/tickets on this one...it is so ugly with a plate on the front it makes me cry.

#10 ·
I haven't used it yet so I don't know. I have it in case the need arises. :)

The V2 has many more possible positions than the V1. I expect I can avoid blocking the parking sensors with it.

#15 ·
The Rho-plate V2 has tremendous adjustability but it is about 1/2-inch short to fit over the R-Design lower trim insert. I believe this can be corrected with a 1/4" washer on the the large, main shaft and then a 1/4" on the smaller plate.

#16 · (Edited)
Depends on where you mount the V2 plate on the anchor bolt. I tried it higher such that it didn't touch the lower trim insert (aka mustache).

The Rho-Plate V2 is a significant improvement over the V1. More flexibility on its positioning and a cleaner back side.

You could give feedback to Rho-Plate that the anchor bolt should be 1/2" longer for the 2014+ S60/V60, to allow a lower mounting position for the plate. They fabricate the parts themselves, IIRC.

#19 ·
It basically consists of 2 nuts, 2 bolts, 4 washers, and 4 rubber washers. He bought a bracket through Bell Automotive. The bracket attaches to the lower front honeycomb portion under the bumper. And voila, no holes, and a front license plate. He will send me pictures and an expanded parts list. I will share soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.