SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Random review comments- bluetooth phone and stereo

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  kenhoeve 
#1 ·
The bluetooth phone integration on our BMWs has annoyed me to no end. The sound quality plain sucks and I get so frustrated with it that I cut short phone calls coming from Suzy in the 2012 335i. The sound quality in the V60 is superb. In fact, I have had several people comment they had no idea I was even in a car except for the fact that they hear the P* exhaust if I'm a little punchy. Most people get no indication they are on speaker. In cabin the sound is equally excellent.

As I've said before, the equalization and soundstage from the harmon kardon tuned system is very good. You will need to tweak it a little for your tastes, but there is no doubt it has very good accuracy and dimension. The problem I have noticed is that the door panels are prone to resonation at lower frequencies. It is unfortunate, but I can understand that Volvo is not likely to reinforce panels for acoustics. I placed sound dampening material in my V70 door panels for this reason and it did an excellent job. I will have to do the same on the P*. Not a big issue but for the audiophiles it is something to think about.

#2 ·
To my ears, the sound quality of iPod cable into HK compared to iPod Bluetooth is much better.

The adjustment options of Premium Sound are far superior than my V70R stereo system.

That said, the laminated glass in the VR made it much quieter in all conditions.

#8 ·
I used second skin. A butyl/foil adhesive backed material. Apply to door and inside of panel. On the R I also lined the back cargo area and the back seat area (with the addition of sound mat over the second skin in the cargo area because of the built in sub). It made a world of difference, but it still isn't as quiet as the P*.

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
Really???
I'd like to see documentation on that...

#7 ·
The windshield and moon roof glass are laminated. The side windows are not...could be offered as an option...don't know about the rear window.

My V70R had all windows laminated, which was an option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.