SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Why does Volvo US completely ignore the Polestar on their Website?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  122Sport 
#1 ·
2016 Models are just hitting dealers. It seems like a completely missed opportunity. The whole point of these cars is to get people excited about the brand. You can't do that if no one knows about them. Last year there was a page up for a few weeks at most. If this year's allotment plays out anything like last years, there will be some cars sitting on dealers lots when they can all be pre-sold. They can always collect people's info for a wait list.

#2 ·
The only MY16s that are about to hit the showrooms are XC90s. No other MY16s are due for quite some time.

MY16 Polestars are still, at least, 3.5 to 4 months away.

The Polestar-certified retailers are smart enough to have a waiting list, when applicable, re: MY16 Polestars. I know some of my Polestar-certified retailers do especially since some people did not get their hands on the MY15.5s.

#3 ·
The only MY16s that are about to hit the showrooms are XC90s. No other MY16s are due for quite some time.

MY16 Polestars are still, at least, 3.5 to 4 months away.
In another thread this is what I read:

Just had a 2016 V60 P* arrive on the lot. Blue springs.
The Polestar-certified retailers are smart enough to have a waiting list, when applicable, re: MY16 Polestars. I know some of my Polestar-certified retailers do especially since some people did not get their hands on the MY15.5s.
If you remember after the MY 15.5 came out there were quite a few that were available on dealer lots. I was one of the few people that ordered way ahead of time. The dealer in NJ had people flying across the country to check their cars out. Regardless, my point isn't about getting these cars sold. My point is that these cars are supposed to be Marketing opportunities for Volvo and if you looked at the website you would be hard pressed to know they exist.

#4 ·
Stories are about in Sweden that some realignment of the use of the p* brand name is in train due to revelations concerning the relationship of a recently departed very senior executive with the owner(s) of a contractor(s) to VCC.

The recent, somewhat hurried and unexpected changes to Volvo's motorsport activities appear to be the only sign of the cat coming out of the bag.... so far.

A very well connected contact of mine in Swedish motorsport, not of a dissimilar age to me, in this context asked if I remembered a certain John Davenport and the prison sentence he served for some unusual arrangements he concluded with contractors whilst he was motorsport director of British Leyland all those years ago .......

Don.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.