SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Would you Purchase CF Polestar Front Splitters?

• Yes!

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I'd consider them, depending on price

Votes: 8 42.1%

Any Interest in CF Polestar Front Splitters?

8K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  P50GT 
#1 ·
P* Owners:

Would love to gauge if there's any interest in the option of purchasing Polestar front Splitters made out of Carbon Fiber? Please complete the poll with your feedback :D

#2 · (Edited)
Price and quality are everything. Without knowing both details, I feel like the poll is meaningless. I would be interested in CF pieces, but the weave would need to be straight and the price would need to be reasonable.

#3 ·
Apparently Volvo is offering OEM carbon fiber accessories...at least I saw an S60 R-Design with CF mirror caps and grille logo at my local dealer, and the salesman stated they were Volvo accessories. If that's the case, I think getting the weave consistent with Volvo's is crucial. I'm not a fan of random, one-off carbon fiber parts...need an exterior and/or interior theme, and the splitters could play a complimentary role vs. stand alone.

#7 ·
Yeah, like I said.. I'd be more interested if it was IN ADDITION to what's already there. I like the blue look. The black looks good, but it's not my taste.... maybe if I had those black side things on the bottom of the doors? I guess I just wouldn't want to swap out what's already there just for some CF.

My Z4 has a front CF splitter... I like that... not sure anything would look good on the volvo, but that's not my department. If I had a black V60, I'd be down for sure.

#8 ·
Got it, misunderstood what you were saying. I think adding anything additional would be a bad idea. It wouldn't serve any aero affect as there will be no wind tunnel testing done and it will lead to more scrapping of the front end. The front end is at a good height now to avoid parking curbs mostly.

#13 ·
To clarify, the idea I proposed was for replacement Polestar front splitters, not anything additional to add to the front fascia. As a prior S60R/V70R owner, the factory winglets on those cars were susceptible to damage, and it's only a matter of time before Polestar cars suffer the same fate. A CF version would be a suitable replacement that would be not only a visual upgrade, but would be competitively priced compared to buying OEM + paint.

Not to mention they can get retrofitted to S60/V60 R-Design front bumpers looking for the "Polestar look".

#17 ·
I'm trying to find definitive proof either way and cannot. The Monroney just calls it Polestar inlays. Real CF would most likely get called out due to the cost. I spent a good amount of time staring at it and the weave does not look legit to me. I spent 4 years at Tesla staring at Roadsters up close on a daily basis so I have a pretty good eye for CF. If you are not familiar with them, their body is made completely of CF with a lot of clear coat accents. Model S then had Matte interior accents similar to what is in the P*, but real CF so I have a lot of time in front of CF. I think what is throwing me off is that the weave is so large in the P*.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.