SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

S60 Polestar #19 FOR SALE at Daytona Dodge

4K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  rebelde azul 
#1 · (Edited)
So I drove past the lot in Daytona while I was down visiting family, and there it was, a S60 Polestar in Rebel blue, its #19 of the 40. I stopped in to see if a friend from back in high school was working, we looked at the car and it seems most people there don't really know what this car is. I explained it to him and man I wish I was in the buying market right now, these are sweet cars. The dealership has it listed an a 2015.5 S60 R-Design, but its a legit Polestar car.

If you're looking for one or know someone who is, its still on the lot at Daytona Dodge, in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Also if you don't mind, refer yourself or whom you know to Tim Rodewald, he's a friend of mine and a good guy. Tell him Brad told you about the car.

Here's the link if you want to check it out:

http://www.daytonadodgechrysler.net/used/Volvo/2015-Volvo-S60-bbd04b960a0a00024163c433b6753783.htm

#2 ·
If he is a friend of yours, you should tell him to put the effort in to correct his listing. Anyone actually interested in a Polestar will take one look at it and either write it off as a fake ad or just eat him alive as he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to this car. From the heading being the wrong model, to the power rating being wrong and I'm sure there is more, he is going to have issues attracting a legitimate buyer with that ad as it is. Just some advice.

#4 ·
Firstly, if you know anything about dealerships, the internet listing people aren't usually salesmen. He is a salesman on the floor, so he has little control over what they post on their website. Its like me demanding that YOU change and advertisement that you company puts out, unless you're in the ad department, what can you do?

Secondly, I've already told him all the correct information and that the car is listed incorrectly which will hurt a potential sale. He's aware of the listing errors and since its a big dealership, there's not much he can do.

#5 · (Edited)
Firstly, if you know anything about dealerships, the internet listing people aren't usually salesmen. He is a salesman on the floor, so he has little control over what they post on their website. Its like me demanding that YOU change and advertisement that you company puts out, unless you're in the ad department, what can you do?

Secondly, I've already told him all the correct information and that the car is listed incorrectly which will hurt a potential sale. He's aware of the listing errors and since its a big dealership, there's not much he can do.
Firstly, I actually know a lot about car dealerships. I have a background in guess what, auto sales. To say that Salesman cannot tell the Internet Sales Manager, which is the person who controls the ads, for your information, to correct the info, is a joke. Everyone working at that company is working for one goal, selling the car. If they aren't willing to listen to each other, then they are going to be a failing business. I could care less, how big that dealership is, it is a Dodge dealer, so that is one of, if not the, most expensive car they have on the lot. We had this happen at another dealer and I made a call myself to the dealer and got it updated. So if someone who doesn't work at the dealer can make it happen, I'm sure someone working at one can accomplish just as much.

It's like a broken record on here of people letting dealers and reviewers get away(aka make excuses) with laziness in posting info on these cars. The information is readily available with a simple internet search so there really is no excuse for it.

#10 ·
It's just stupid. Like Home Depot listing a washer for sale, I borrow a truck and when I get there it's a dryer. Salesman tells me it's the ad dept., nothing we can do, we're just too big. The ad will run a couple more weeks. Tell your friends and family the ad is wrong, unless it gets corrected and then it's right.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.